Political Science - Fall 2011 Cycle

adaptations

Well, no email from Stanford for me. Guess that's not happening, then.

Also, no Columbia email for me either. The pair on the results page are a definite troll.

There's one more Columbia acceptance now, via email, today. Another troll, or... ?

No, definitely more trolling.

Here's a simple, definitive reason why: no admissions office is sending out emails on a Saturday. Nor are they programming the emails to go out automatically over the weekend (in case anything goes wrong). It's just not happening. Also, I woke up today (in England) and saw them. That means that they'd have been posted at 5 am New York time, and since the emails were supposedly received today, the apparently the oh-so-diligent Columbia staff not only went in on the weekend but pulled an all-nighter doing so.

Pft.

Edited by balderdash

I'd believe the staggered acceptances, but there are four Columbia applicants on the board who have not received the supposed rejection. If they put out a big batch of email rejections, one of us would have one by now.

Well for what it's worth, I applied to Columbia too (which is why I freaked out about possible trolls), so there's at least five of us who haven't gotten a (mythical) rejection email...

Well for what it's worth, I applied to Columbia too (which is why I freaked out about possible trolls), so there's at least five of us who haven't gotten a (mythical) rejection email...

Nothing from Columbia for me as well, so make that 'at least six of us'. And I'm guessing there are a bunch of other lurkers here who have yet to have their inboxes graced by Columbia.

I know folks on the admissions committee at Columbia. I don't know when decisions will be made, but I can 100% guarantee you that they have not yet been made, let alone announced.

Edit: Note, I am not at Columbia.

Nothing from Columbia for me as well, so make that 'at least six of us'. And I'm guessing there are a bunch of other lurkers here who have yet to have their inboxes graced by Columbia.

Edited by Penelope Higgins

What a lousy thing.... This process is stressful enough without having anonymous people post notes like this, but it seems pretty standard.

On a personal note, I should be back in Cairo now but that is not the case. I am "stranded" in London. My plane was delayed and rescheduled twice. It may (or may not) fly out tomorrow. However, I was contacted by my program director and told that classes have been cancelled this entire week and they are advising students still en route to stay put several days to see what happens. This is getting to be a habit! I was also stranded in London six days in December because of weather.

I really wish I had flown back a few days earlier. Right now my thoughts are with friends in Egypt and the people there and am hoping things come out right. Honestly, this situation has put my anxiety over applications into a slightly different perspective. Whatever happens, I do not face the same problems that many over here have. And for someone who wants to study democratization, opposition, etc. this is both an interesting and challenging time.

Edited by wannabee

Count me in as another Columbia applicant that hasn't heard a reply either way.

ditto. although even if I discount the trolling, the mere reminder that we *might* hear something soon will have me on edge all week :(