Political Science - Fall 2011 Cycle

adaptations

You are good people. Congrats on the acceptance and thanks for posting.

No problem. I haven't posted here before but (nervously and against my own will) surfed this forum for months. Will try to stay away from now though, but we'll see how that goes :)

Stanford both called AND emailed with the acceptance notification to that applicant. That's very thorough on their part. Also, it doesn't leave much doubt for me where I'm at in my Stanford chances. This really takes a lot of the drama out of opening that rejection letter I'm getting next week.

Stanford both called AND emailed with the acceptance notification to that applicant. That's very thorough on their part. Also, it doesn't leave much doubt for me where I'm at in my Stanford chances. This really takes a lot of the drama out of opening that rejection letter I'm getting next week.

Uh-greed.

Oh well. Such is life.

No problem. I haven't posted here before but (nervously and against my own will) surfed this forum for months. Will try to stay away from now though, but we'll see how that goes :)

Congratulations! Would that I had heard the same good news.

Has anyone figured out Plan B yet? It has weighed heavily on my mind of late.

I posted the Stanford acceptance, and, yes, it is real. Good luck to all of you!

Hey, congrats! If you don't mind, could you give us a glimpse of your background/research interests/etc? Sorry if it's too nosy, I'm just curious.

And yeah Tufnel, taking the drama out is certainly right.

Congrats to both Creuset and Sneezy! I am afraid this is the start of a long process for many of us with much sweating and gnashing of teeth. I am not expecting to hear anything for at least 10 days. I'll be in transit to Cairo starting tonight.

I haven't posted in the results section yet, but I also received a call yesterday evening around 7:30 eastern time from a professor I had mentioned in my personal statement letting me know that I had been accepted to Stanford. I didn't get an email though and he said I should get one soon with more info. Good luck to everyone! I didn't get the impression that everyone was going to be called at once, so I'm sure there are still more to come

I haven't posted in the results section yet, but I also received a call yesterday evening around 7:30 eastern time from a professor I had mentioned in my personal statement letting me know that I had been accepted to Stanford. I didn't get an email though and he said I should get one soon with more info. Good luck to everyone! I didn't get the impression that everyone was going to be called at once, so I'm sure there are still more to come

That's great to hear. Stanford is one of my top choices - lots of Africanists/IR/ethnicity people there - so I'm particularly worried about this one. Congratulations on being accepted!

Thanks! All I really feel comfortable saying about my background is that my field is American, so if anything I'm not taking a spot from you :)

That's great to hear. Stanford is one of my top choices - lots of Africanists/IR/ethnicity people there - so I'm particularly worried about this one. Congratulations on being accepted!

Thanks! All I really feel comfortable saying about my background is that my field is American, so if anything I'm not taking a spot from you :)

Nah, I wouldn't worry even if it were IR. If you got in, I'm sure you deserve it.

By the way, to everyone: whoever posted that bit on the results page was not me. But it does look like I now have competition...

Edited by balderdash

Definitely. I am just home on winter break and returning to my program. The classes are held on the AUC old campus, which is near Tahrir Square.

Wow! Well, you'll definitely be in the mix. Keep us updated!

Hey, congrats! If you don't mind, could you give us a glimpse of your background/research interests/etc? Sorry if it's too nosy, I'm just curious.

And yeah Tufnel, taking the drama out is certainly right.

Don't want to be too specific here but my research interests lie at the intersection of comp. politics and IR, 3.98 GPA from a large public univ, 800Q 650V on the GRE. In general I would say that me getting into Stanford shows that you don't have to come from an elite undergrad institution. I did have one or two fairly well-known professors writing my LORs though, and I spent alot of time on my SOP.

Ahhh...

Now I truly am sweating. Stanford, I swear I'm smart. I swear!

By the way, to everyone: whoever posted that bit on the results page was not me. But it does look like I now have competition...

I think that was a given a long time ago for us all.

I was curious (all through the night actually). Do you think Stanford's already done with their acceptances or are they still in the process of sending them out?

If they're done, I will have to somehow find a way to regain my peace of mind. Otherwise, I'll have to remain in utter agony, as Stanford was the school I was truly passionate about attending.

Edited by gariddong

I was curious (all through the night actually). Do you think Stanford's already done with their acceptances or are they still in the process of sending them out?

If they're done, I will have to somehow find a way to regain my peace of mind. Otherwise, I'll have to remain in utter agony, as Stanford was the school I was truly passionate about attending.

There's no way they are done...I mean, I know not everyone who Stanford will accept is on this website and will report it, but since they said they wouldn't tell us until the first week in February I can only assume that some people are getting "courtesy calls" from certain professors. These aren't the official letters, but calls letting certain people know they got in.

...I hope...:unsure: