4 hours ago, ifandonlyif said:

One of the Rutgers was me! 

Currently my only offer (which I'm more than OK with) but I heard today that I'm on the waitlist for CUNY as well. 

Congratulations! In my intensive waitlist research 🙂 I've noticed that CUNY English tends to accept many students from their waitlist, so I hope you see some good luck there too!

2 hours ago, bluemojav said:

Received an email from the graduate coordinator for my aforementioned undergrad institution saying I’m in a top spot on the waitlist for the funded masters program. This is the first positive news I’ve received for a funded program, so I’m crossing my fingers!!

Oh man, not even two hours after this I got rejected from Boston U. They were on the upper half in terms of schools I thought I was a good fit for, and I had been optimistic for a waitlist after seeing the rejections and acceptances come out earlier. I suppose the good comes with the bad.

Can anyone here claim the Michigan State admit from 1/28? Or has anyone else heard anything from Michigan State? Their history of releasing results seems a little inconsistent, but other than that single admit its been radio silence---no other admits, no waitlists, no rejects. Makes me wonder if that admit was an accident / false or if not many people here applied and they're just really slow to send out the rejections...

On 2/22/2024 at 2:46 PM, bluemojav said:

Can anyone here claim that UPenn acceptance? I didn’t get an interview so assuming a rejection, but here’s to fruitless hoping :,)

Sorry yall  I have no idea how to use this forum meant to reply to this one 😅

i interviewed on the 29th, and the DGS and adcomm gave me extremely positive emails after the interview that was very future oriented and they were super happy and I was on cloud nine feeling so confident of what was to come!! yet here I am…on the 27th with no news. Portal no change. So sad that I haven’t even been able to focus on my school work this was my dream program. I also thought  my interview was fantastic and even better than the one I had with a program I did get into (as in better in that I was prepared and calmer and not an anxious mess like the first one I had HAHA). I have struggled to eat and my family aren’t very supportive of my feelings so  it’s like a quiet suffering. For you and I both, hope it turns out the best, and that if we have a “worse” it’s only waitlist. This is so tough I wish I could redo whatever it is that could be affecting me idk lol. 

I keep telling myself the call/email will come, though, and it gets me to feel a bit better! Maybe it can help you too, but I’d say only do that while accepting the alternatives so you’re not like making yourself more devastated idk I hope this is helpful I’m sorry texting is hard without intonation 

Edited by PokemonFan

Currently living in absolute anxiety over BU. Love the program and my research is very prevalent there, but no word yet...very happy to hear about the acceptances/waitlists tho!! Congrats to everyone so far :)

On 2/17/2024 at 1:02 PM, ittybittylitty said:

Can anyone claim the Rutgers or CUNY acceptances? 

I got into both Rutgers and CUNY! CUNY sent out an email to check their decision status on the 16th. One of the professors from Rutgers gave me a call on the 17th and the full funding package came in after.

16 hours ago, thea said:

Anyone have any updates yet from USC English (not the Literature/Creative Writing program)? Still only seeing one interview/acceptance. Did anyone else interview?

No update from me either :,) It’s my top choice so I’m holding out hope, because it really doesn’t look like they normally interview and the website says it’s not required. I’m thinking the one person who posted their interview here was also the one accepted, but idk.

On 3/1/2024 at 1:14 PM, ManyQuestions said:

Does anyone who got into Cornell mind sharing the funding package details, privately or otherwise, for those on the wait list? 

Messaged! 

Can't believe it's March and I'm still waiting to hear back from six programs (mostly California schools). This time last year I'd heard back from all of my programs. Does admissions seem a bit delayed this year? I am not sure if I should just be preparing for rejections at his point.

2 hours ago, thea said:

Can't believe it's March and I'm still waiting to hear back from six programs (mostly California schools). This time last year I'd heard back from all of my programs. Does admissions seem a bit delayed this year? I am not sure if I should just be preparing for rejections at his point.

It is! I tried to post something a few days ago w a link from a statement from someone on an admissions committee but it didn’t go through. Because the FAFSA stuff and federal funding is delayed, admissions is also delayed because schools don’t know how much funding they’ll have. This would impact private AND public schools, as long as they get federal funding.

Edited by bluemojav

I know it sounds a little sad but my only hope is Harvard now and I am hypnotizing myself that they may be releasing results alphabetically. Or I have to pray for a partially funded MA from BU or Fordham. The most anxiety comes from the fact that I am older than normal applicants and I will get even older after an MA