Official HKS Thread

i know the emails said we'd get financial aid info by march 30, but has anyone heard back about this?

Nope. I asked them about the possibility of hearing before then because I have a March 31st scholarship deadline (they explicitly prefer applicants who have other sources of funding as well), but they said they will not be releasing anything before March 30th.

Anyone been contacted for a Dubin, Gleitsman, or other fellowship interview?

Nope. I asked them about the possibility of hearing before then because I have a March 31st scholarship deadline (they explicitly prefer applicants who have other sources of funding as well), but they said they will not be releasing anything before March 30th.

Anyone been contacted for a Dubin, Gleitsman, or other fellowship interview?

Nope...still waiting to hear something. Glad I'm not the only one.

gleistman applicant here, have not been contacted yet. are there definitely interviews for short-listed candidates?

i read that there were in past years (for dubin - i assume gleitsman would be the same).

Gleitsman interviews were conducted on Tuesday, and I was told Dubin interviews were conducted on Wednesday and Zuckerman on Monday.

Got it. Did you interview for Gleitsman? When did they schedule it?

Yes, definitely. (Per the HKS website).

I don't know this for sure, but it's my impression that they only conduct interviews for some of the fellowships. There are a few others that I *think* (again, I don't know this for sure) are awarded just on the basis of your essay, and still other scholarships just on the basis of your application.

Don't lose hope yet!

Anxious to hear about aid on Friday! So, from previous years it looks like HKS will send an email out asking us to check our SPARKS account, where our aid will be listed? Can someone with more of an understanding walk me through the logistics of checking for an award?

Hey guys,

If you were offered a full Scholarship from Stanford but zoro/partial funding from HKS (MPA2), which one will you choose? Do you think it is worthwhile to pay out of your pocket for the high costs at HKS? Especially when you have the choice to get a free ride at Stanford which is a good school as well? I am struggling at these thoughts so any opinions are welcomed! Thanks!!

Hey guys,

If you were offered a full Scholarship from Stanford but zoro/partial funding from HKS (MPA2), which one will you choose? Do you think it is worthwhile to pay out of your pocket for the high costs at HKS? Especially when you have the choice to get a free ride at Stanford which is a good school as well? I am struggling at these thoughts so any opinions are welcomed! Thanks!!

Full ride at Stanford without hesitation. It's an excellent school and graduating debt free is really a big plus especially for IR / MPA

Hey guys,

I would agree with jedmtrix.

Hey guys,

I don't know, guys. Getting funding from Zorro seems like a sweet deal (though I hear the tyrant-vanquishing work requirement is a bit of a burden). :P

Edited by greendiplomat