Official HKS Thread

Haha yeah I wish there was some juicier info too :) I wonder why they are starting a blog now, when decisions are (hopefully) supposed to come out in 2 weeks? Along with the extended financial aid deadline to March 1, do you think notifications will be later this year?

The blog is not only meant for current applicants but for future applicants as well. Matt Clemons was the former admissions officer in Columbia, and he was probably in charge of creating their admissions blog, which is quite good and informative. So in his new capacity at Harvard, he probably thought of implementing what he considered was a good communications medium.

If one were to "extrapolate" from Matt's blog post this morning, it seems admissions decisions may start rolling out in a couple of weeks for some programs and continue through end of March/mid-April (mcmpa being close to the end of decision cycle).

I think by March 23rd we will know *(MC/MPA) ..

Thats 2 weeks from friday .. which is consistent with what SPARKS said i.e by end of March.

Anyway lets keep thiis thread rolling and try to stay sane till we hear from HKS.

Matt said in an earlier blog that he would communicate actual release date for final admission status.

• Lets keep reading his blog my friends B)

Admit weekend is March 31st. Financial aid package available by end of March/beginning of April (which is typically a week after admission communication). Muna you may be right....looks like we may start hearing by end of next week....

Well, :) at least the blog talked about an alumna on International Women's Day and next day it talked about a sport male student.. I didn't see anyone concerning the important day here as we're somehow going to be a public affair student.. It's meant a lot elsewhere in the world I sincerely believe.. :)

Good point Hansons Fan! Here in India it definitely did get some press coverage.

On a different note, there's a new post on the blog with the different categories by which they'll release decisions, but still no news on dates. I have a feeling it's going to be Friday (don't know why...I just feel like that's when it'll happen!).

Thanks wantgrad. I remembered reading the admission blog earlier that "dateS (plural)" or sth. :)

I would believe that some programs, applicants are in higher positions/responsibilities which may require longer period of time to find replacements, handling job closure and finishing transfer notes to incumbents or the replacements.

Besides, different programs start differently at different times of the year plus visa for foreign students for some countries may take long er time than the others and etc.

:) Still, we have to thank them for working during the spring break when many are enjoying weather.. :)

Have a good week everyone!

Are we expecting $$ decisions to arrive with admission notifications?

Not sure, since I don't think they started interviewing people for the fellowships.

This post on the admissions blog (7th para.) seems to suggest that financial aid information will not be part of the admissions letter, though they interview people for fellowships!?

Are we expecting $$ decisions to arrive with admission notifications?

I wouldn't expect it. the financial aid application had a much later deadline than the admissions application, and I vaguely recall seeing somewhere that they would render their admissions decisions by March 15, but that financial aid information would likely be released around April 1. Can't find the sources at the moment though.