Official HKS Thread

Congrats to everyone who got in!!!! Its indeed good to share the joy with you all...

Waiting for MPA2 and if we were to go by the blog; every program result is done together and you will know if you are rejected / accepted / waitlisted.

So....I guess we need to wait for MPA2 results to be posted...

Anxious / nervous....Hope to get in...

Hi & Congrats fellows & fellas :) ,

Question please: the time shown on your admitted post was around 2:33 am. I suppose it's 3:33 pm EST? (that HKS sent out notifications.) Is my understanding correct?

Also, if I may ask another question.. :) The posts on the admission blog are usually updated around 9-10p EST. Does it take you several hours to receive them in your mailbox? The last one just came to my mailbox 5 minutes ago at 8:10p (GMT+7) on Mar 14; however, I read it 10 hours earlier on the blog.

Thanks for your info sharing in advance. :)

Just in per HKS BLOG

MPA2 Decisions

MPA2 decisions have been sent. The decisions have been sent from the email address: appstatus@hks.harvard.edu.

I am writing this entry at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, March 14th. The reason for noting the time is that the Feedburner subscription email goes out at 9:00 AM EST the following day and I just wanted to note this for those reading via email.

Congratulations to those admitted. Please check SPARKS if you have gained admission for important information.

For those not admitted or placed on the waitlist, I will have an entry up soon with more details so keep checking back if you want more information.

MPA2 decisions out....i am IN!!!!!!!!!!...i will post soon on the forum about profile for future applicant. I probably have the weakest stats in this forum...but backed myself with strong work ex and SOP..took evening classes to make myself strong in the relevent subject..and it worked...congratulations to everyone...

Mid-Career Mason Decisions

This is another admission decision update post. Today, March 15, we will be sending out all Mid-Career Mason program decisions. As a reminder, the email address used to communicate the decisions will be mason_program@hks.harvard.edu.

New admits please make sure to log in to SPARKS for important information.

Muna, would you mind share your profile, please? I hear the Mason Program is the easiest to get into with more than 90% of applicants get in. Therefore, it has to be something really unacceptable in your application, eg. recommendations.

Hi everyone! Congratulations to all those who have been accepted. I am currently abroad and missed the HKS deadline but if I had applied I would have gone for the MPP program. That being said, I just received two acceptances from Georgetown MSFS and SAIS MA this week. The third school I applied to was SIPA and I was rejected because, according to the letter, I did not have enough professional experience. I graduated in August of 2011 so I honestly had no hope of being accepted into any programs, based on how my work experience consists of mostly government internships, a few short-term full-time jobs non-related to IR, and a year teaching in South Korea. I do have a strong academic record, with a solid quantitative background (economics major) probably the main reason for my present acceptances.

Now that I have more confidence, I regret not having applied to HKS. I was wondering amongst those of you who were accepted already if any of you have a similar profile. I realize that I already have great schools to choose from, but I would willing to postpone grad school to obtain more work experience in the field. Is it too optimistic to think that an acceptance into MSFS makes acceptance into HKS reasonably probable?

So this may be too premature to discuss, with aid and funding decisions still outstanding, but I'd like to start the cost vs. degree value conversation a bit early. Beyond the very practical expertise in policy analysis a student can develop at HKS, it seems to me the MPP from Harvard could be transferable across a number of disciplines and sectors throughout one's life. I imagine there is a "prestige" factor all admitees consider as they weigh other, more affordable options along side HKS. Is this the kind of degree / life opportunity worth taking its necessary debt? Or, is HKS out of its mind thinking unsuspecting professionals and young people will shell out the $ for a degree with a strong brand name and less generous funding than comparable programs? I'd love to hear a few personal anecdotes, whether they are personal, from friends, or culled from last year's blog posts that I'm too lazy to mine. I'm sure I'm not the only with this question weighing on them. Right?