SSHRC CGS-D & Doctoral Fellowships 2024-2025

thejorts

3 minutes ago, screamingcrying said:

Congrats to all who already got it and fingers crossed to those still waiting!

Would anyone happen to know how accepting the fellowship would impact eligibility for CGS-D next cycle?

I’d say no matter what. Take it. You are not guaranteed to get it next year

If I received a CGS-D (though in my application I indiciated an American university), can I still use the SSHRC in the States? It is a three year offer too, which I didn't know existed. ($35/yr for three years).

I received my results about an hour ago, and I was offered CGS-D! :) I'm still in disbelief and don't even have the words right now to articulate how I'm feeling!!! 

I was in committee 4, last name starts with C.

Good luck everyone!! :) Regardless of the outcome, it is SO amazing to be considered for the national competition and make it this far!! 

Just now, HaileyGee said:

I keep getting 500 internal server error 😕 any way to fix or just keep trying?

Try logging in from a computer browser - it wasn't working for me on my phone. 

Not funded; committee 5; last name K. 

Also, the result notice this year does not have ranking (where I placed) and significantly less applications funded compared to last year (47 v 71 for my committee). 

Disappointed—honestly don't see the point to apply again this year considering I worked really hard but somehow my ranking dropped significantly from year 1 to 2.

4 minutes ago, FutureAssyriologist said:

Congratulations to all those who got it so far! And my commiserations to those who didn’t.

Since they seemingly got through A-K in 2 hours maybe they could do the rest now 😕

That's what I am thinking! I am going to keep my eye out to see if we start seeing any members from the second group get results!!! 

17 minutes ago, Shannon Lynn said:

Is it just the CGS-D applications coming in right now? Was that a separate application from SSHRC? 

I also want to know that. I had two pdfs, one was clearly a CGS-D, the other was a SSHRC and it said that funding had been granted, but it did not include any amount or any indications of what to do to receive the funding. Seriously, how hard can it be to produce a clear document?