2023-2024 Application Thread

Theory007

3 hours ago, Anonymous39 said:

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from UT Austin? My portal still says in review but I assume it's a rejection since It's almost March at this point lol.

Austin's decisions came out last month. I'm unsure if they plan on doing more acceptances since they have a set waitlist, which a few others and I are on. Wishing you luck with your other applications. 

Last night was absolutely brutal: heard back three rejections in the span of half an hour, then a fourth an hour later, now I just woke up to fifth that was posted (no email sent) overnight. 0a/8r/1p

Desperately searching out any news from UCSC, has anyone applied or heard back anything? I wanna wait a little longer before reaching out to the department but if anyone has heard anything and could let me know it would be greatly appreciated!

Do we know what's up with NYU & UPitt? I know the former already sent a bunch of offers (and rejections as well?) a while back. My applicant portal is still silent though and I got no emails from them. Considering that it's late, should I just completely give up on this option? I saw people posting about silence from UPitt a few days back, so if anyone heard from them I'd appreciate if you let me know.

It's very annoying that schools that sent me offers kinda pressure me to make a decision, yet I'm not 100% if I get more chances or not! I paid a fortune in application fees and they can't even let me know if I'm rejected or waitlisted. Not fair :(

I have just called and talked with Graduate Coordinator of UPitt. They haven't released any of their decisions, and not sure when they are going to send their decisions. I tried to specify the dates, but the coordinator was not happy about it and tried to ask my name. So, I tried not to tell my name and she didn't also tell the date vice versa.

I think we just have to wait for it.

Anyway, Does anyone got any news from UConn too? I am also waiting for a news from there. I have seen just one result report from Result page, however, I just want to make sure whether the results have been all released or not. Some of application page have been changed but the application status did not change at all. 

6 hours ago, charlie_k said:

Last night was absolutely brutal: heard back three rejections in the span of half an hour, then a fourth an hour later, now I just woke up to fifth that was posted (no email sent) overnight. 0a/8r/1p

Desperately searching out any news from UCSC, has anyone applied or heard back anything? I wanna wait a little longer before reaching out to the department but if anyone has heard anything and could let me know it would be greatly appreciated!

I applied to UCSC but I have not heard a peep so far. Good luck to you!

2 hours ago, vadis said:

I applied to UCSC but I have not heard a peep so far. Good luck to you!

Thanks for the info, it's been impossible finding anyone else who's applied! I was thinking of reaching out sometime next week if I still haven't heard anything. Good luck to you as well!

35 minutes ago, Polisci882 said:

Does anyone know when UNC rejections are going out? It’s almost March and I haven’t gotten a decision from them

i reached out and got a response indicating that all acceptances & waitlists have gone out via department emails; assume a rejection if you haven't heard back. 

9 minutes ago, barthestow said:

i reached out and got a response indicating that all acceptances & waitlists have gone out via department emails; assume a rejection if you haven't heard back. 

Oh dang. What exactly did the email say, if you don’t mind sharing? 😕

1 hour ago, barthestow said:

I think it's real, just emailed the course coordinator and he/she responded that I was rejected

1 hour ago, aeroauk said:

Does anyone know if UPenn has sent out all their acceptances/waitlists? 

I cant say for sure but I think they probably did because they invited both both accepted / waitlisted applicants to visit day and ppl would need time to plan ahead for that 

Edited by 2024_IR

Can anybody accepted to UCSD share when the visit day is? I'm holding on and hope to get off the waitlist (IR), but I'm trying to see if it's worth it since I know many are in a similar situation too. I wonder if there's a ranking system or if it's randomized...

Rejected from Ohio State 2A/1W/4R/2P. Cinci is 1 program I’m waiting for. Notre Dame is the other but I’m assuming rejection as they have already sent out offers. Weird cycle, got accepted and waitlisted at the 2 highest ranked schools I applied to, accepted without funding at another, and rejected everywhere else. GRE probably cost me. But I was accepted to my top school so it is what it is.

55 minutes ago, m82a said:

Can anybody accepted to UCSD share when the visit day is? I'm holding on and hope to get off the waitlist (IR), but I'm trying to see if it's worth it since I know many are in a similar situation too. I wonder if there's a ranking system or if it's randomized...

It's March 10-12th.

Got rejected by Cornell yesterday and Ohio State today. Neither one was a surprise, but it still feels like a punch in the gut. Just waiting on Pittsburgh now, but considering how this cycle has gone so far, I'm not super hopeful. My one acceptance is from the University of South Carolina, which I'm not even sure is worth it. Subfield IR. 1A/1W/7R/1P. Edited by amp2324

12 hours ago, Ir2024 said:

Rejected from Ohio State 2A/1W/4R/2P. Cinci is 1 program I’m waiting for. Notre Dame is the other but I’m assuming rejection as they have already sent out offers. Weird cycle, got accepted and waitlisted at the 2 highest ranked schools I applied to, accepted without funding at another, and rejected everywhere else. GRE probably cost me. But I was accepted to my top school so it is what it is.

I don’t know about Notre Dame. There are just a couple of posts in different dates. In their website they say the decisions are released late February, so it should be this week.

1 minute ago, linze said:

I don’t know about Notre Dame. There are just a couple of posts in different dates. In their website they say the decisions are released late February, so it should be this week.

i emailed Notre Dame, will report back if I hear anything from the department.

37 minutes ago, linze said:

I know someone who had DGS email them saying they were waitlisted weeks ago.