arthurrussell Posted January 10 Posted January 10 It’s great to see more people coming in! I’m a first-time international applicant working in sculpture/new media work. I’m applying to a bunch of schools that offer full-funding w/ stipend, but here are my main targets: -Stanford -UCSB, UCSD, UCSC -OSU -UArk -Northwestern -UMich crash1996 1
perchperkins Posted January 10 Posted January 10 I just got an interview request for UWMadison in Printmaking!! Super super excited 😁 I am shocked at how quickly they asked for an interview though, does anyone know if this is normal? Should I be nervous about my other schools yet or do they usually send out interviews later? (For ref, my other schools are Michigan, SAIC, Yale, Columbia, RISD, Pratt, Carnegie Mellon, and Iowa, if anyone knows anything about when these schools typically send out interviews that would be greatly appreciated ☺️)
goodboycerberus Posted January 10 Posted January 10 12 hours ago, gm3 said: No, it wasn't listed as that. It just said MFA freak out forum. I only applied to writing Congrats on finishing your applications. If you look at the forum this was posted in, it’s for the visual arts. Not sure if this forum will offer you much help since our admissions processes and departments are quite different!
Lala4477 Posted January 10 Posted January 10 has anyone applied to yale and not get a prompt to submit payment for application? lol it says that my application and all my materials were received but idk how to make the payment lmao
sloan Posted January 10 Posted January 10 3 hours ago, Lala4477 said: has anyone applied to yale and not get a prompt to submit payment for application? lol it says that my application and all my materials were received but idk how to make the payment lmao I just submitted my app. The link to submit payment was on the application status portal.
Lala4477 Posted January 10 Posted January 10 4 minutes ago, sloan said: I just submitted my app. The link to submit payment was on the application status portal. where exactly? haha, it says all my materials were submitted but I'm not seeing the link to submit payment. was it not a popup where you had to pay in order for you to submit?
sloan Posted January 11 Posted January 11 58 minutes ago, Lala4477 said: where exactly? haha, it says all my materials were submitted but I'm not seeing the link to submit payment. was it not a popup where you had to pay in order for you to submit? After I submitted my portfolio it took me to a page where it lists all of the art in the portfolio, my recs, and the other files i submitted. so on the top of that page there was something that was just a basic blue hyperlink (very archaic website design lol) by where it said something to the effect of $100 application fee still needed. so then i clicked on that and paid there. sorry i can’t be more specific but it was near the top of the page. if you command F and search $100 maybe that would help locate it? the only other thing i can think of is that they kept emphasizing that you should submit in chrome. i assume that’s the browser ur using but thought id mention it just in case! and just to check are you submitting for a visual arts mfa? because if ur mfa is for something else this might not apply.
artluv Posted January 11 Posted January 11 1 hour ago, Lala4477 said: where exactly? haha, it says all my materials were submitted but I'm not seeing the link to submit payment. was it not a popup where you had to pay in order for you to submit? When I pressed submit it went through and then there was an area where it showed submitted documents and what was missing and it had a link for payment there. I hope that helps!
artluv Posted January 11 Posted January 11 Hi everyone 👋 It's my third cycle, I have learned a lot the last two cycles and they didn't work out for funding, rejections, not being a good fit for me etc. Anyway I really hope this time works out for everyone. I couldn't find the forum but so glad I did now! I am applying to: ArtCenter UCLA Yale Columbia Calarts Boston University Tufts Any insight or thoughts about these programs in painting is so appreciated!!!! Sending everyone courage 😄 crash1996 and SocialKonstruct 2
Lala4477 Posted January 11 Posted January 11 2 hours ago, artluv said: When I pressed submit it went through and then there was an area where it showed submitted documents and what was missing and it had a link for payment there. I hope that helps! im at the page that has all the submitted documents, ie letters of rec, portfolio, resume, statement, but nowhere is there a link to submit payment. im applying for photo so maybe there some specific glitch on my end? haha i emailed admissions and let them know whats up so hopefully itll get resolved on monday !
spider16 Posted January 11 Posted January 11 To those of you who have also submitted to Yale -- did you get a confirmation email that the application itself was successfully submitted, or just a confirmation of payment? On the portal it says that they've received all of my materials and I got the payment confirmation email, but no email to confirm that my application submitted successfully, which I feel like every other school sends. Lmk!
Lala4477 Posted January 11 Posted January 11 1 hour ago, spider16 said: To those of you who have also submitted to Yale -- did you get a confirmation email that the application itself was successfully submitted, or just a confirmation of payment? On the portal it says that they've received all of my materials and I got the payment confirmation email, but no email to confirm that my application submitted successfully, which I feel like every other school sends. Lmk! in the auto reply from my email to admissions, this is in the reply: Submission Status If you've submitted your application, great job! To verify receipt of materials, check your status page at the application portal. We do not send confirmation emails or calls. If your status shows items as "outstanding," don’t worry—it may take time to update. Jim VK 1
Glassy2000 Posted January 11 Posted January 11 12 hours ago, Lala4477 said: im at the page that has all the submitted documents, ie letters of rec, portfolio, resume, statement, but nowhere is there a link to submit payment. im applying for photo so maybe there some specific glitch on my end? haha i emailed admissions and let them know whats up so hopefully itll get resolved on monday ! Have you applied to Yale in the past? They waived my application fee this year due to being waitlisted last year (sculpture). I didn’t know this though until after emailing them to ask! Haha
Lala4477 Posted January 11 Posted January 11 1 hour ago, Glassy2000 said: Have you applied to Yale in the past? They waived my application fee this year due to being waitlisted last year (sculpture). I didn’t know this though until after emailing them to ask! Haha ohhhh awesome haha, i was waitlisted last year. I had no idea they waived it!!
Glassy2000 Posted January 11 Posted January 11 1 hour ago, Lala4477 said: ohhhh awesome haha, i was waitlisted last year. I had no idea they waived it!! Lol yeah!! It would’ve been helpful to get a notif about it so we didn’t have to stress about not finding it, lmao
Foehn Posted January 11 Posted January 11 On 1/10/2026 at 9:37 AM, perchperkins said: I just got an interview request for UWMadison in Printmaking!! Super super excited 😁 I am shocked at how quickly they asked for an interview though, does anyone know if this is normal? Should I be nervous about my other schools yet or do they usually send out interviews later? (For ref, my other schools are Michigan, SAIC, Yale, Columbia, RISD, Pratt, Carnegie Mellon, and Iowa, if anyone knows anything about when these schools typically send out interviews that would be greatly appreciated ☺️) Last year, I heard from SAIC about an interview at the end of January. Don’t be nervous! Jim VK 1
No-Evidence8843 Posted January 12 Posted January 12 Hi everyone. I applied to 6 programs for painting. . Yale . Rutgers . Uconn . Michigan . LSU . Boston University (like others, I received an app waiver, so I applied) I read a lot of 2025 freak out forum, it helped with giving a timeline when people hear back. I didn’t see much for interview requests for Rutgers or Michigan, which had Jan 1 & 3 deadlines. If anyone knows their timelines, that would be great. The other schools are early February, I just wonder if you could be contacted late January for Rutgers and Michigan. crash1996 1
lrnpntng Posted January 12 Posted January 12 has anyone who applied to UW-Madison for painting heard back about interviews yet??
tooold4artschool Posted January 13 Posted January 13 On 1/11/2026 at 10:39 AM, arthurrussell said: Has anyone heard back from Stanford? I was in an webinar last year where they said interviews would be "in January," so I would assume they are already scheduled, or about to be scheduled. I suppose one could ask the admissions office to be sure.
arthurrussell Posted January 13 Posted January 13 7 minutes ago, tooold4artschool said: I was in an webinar last year where they said interviews would be "in January," so I would assume they are already scheduled, or about to be scheduled. I suppose one could ask the admissions office to be sure. Okay, they also said in their website that review would begin mid-January. Did you apply?
tooold4artschool Posted January 13 Posted January 13 7 hours ago, arthurrussell said: Okay, they also said in their website that review would begin mid-January. Did you apply? I did. Too good of an offer to pass up, but slim hopes of course.
goodboycerberus Posted January 13 Posted January 13 8 hours ago, arthurrussell said: Okay, they also said in their website that review would begin mid-January. Did you apply? Bizarre that their deadline was so early but reviews wouldn’t even begin till a month and a half later. What’s the point of that?
arthurrussell Posted January 13 Posted January 13 5 minutes ago, goodboycerberus said: Bizarre that their deadline was so early but reviews wouldn’t even begin till a month and a half later. What’s the point of that? I'm guessing it might have to do with university-wide fellowship stuff? OSU does the same thing but a lil differently -- like the grad portal application is due Nov 30 for those who want to be considered for fellowships, but the Slideroom component (with the essays and Portfolio aka the bulk of your app) are due Dec 31... Or maybe they just want ample time to screen and collect the materials IDK lmao but it's def taking so looong
goodboycerberus Posted January 13 Posted January 13 20 minutes ago, arthurrussell said: I'm guessing it might have to do with university-wide fellowship stuff? OSU does the same thing but a lil differently -- like the grad portal application is due Nov 30 for those who want to be considered for fellowships, but the Slideroom component (with the essays and Portfolio aka the bulk of your app) are due Dec 31... Or maybe they just want ample time to screen and collect the materials IDK lmao but it's def taking so looong Yeah, though I believe the Knights-Henessy deadline was pretty early. A lot of state schools will have an earlier deadline for fellowships, but relatively unusual for private schools. UMass Amherst also had a Dec 1 deadline (for fellowship reasons), and they already made offers prior to XMas. Oh well.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now