A SCREEEEEEEEEAM INTO THE SILENCE

I just found out a program I really liked and thought I had a good chance at getting invited for an interview (coming up end of Feb) sent out invites 3 WEEKS AGO! FML!!!!!!!!!

I can't complain too much, I have an interview at another great place but so far none in my own freaking country!!!!

AAAAACCCKKK!!!!

Thank you for this. This is my first post, but I've been lurking for a while. I have an awful, morale-destroying job and waiting for graduate schools to get back to me is making everything worse. GAH. :(

There. I feel better. Thank you for listening.

If anyone else needs to unleash some caps-locked anguish, this might be the place.

fewbiofugvlebadfinogheriobvfuoe;bs8uoAOBFUGIR;BGIETOHETO;BETIOBHBHGEITPOHBTIOEBHIOETBHETIOBHETIOHPBETIPOBNEIOGTFBNDOIHGFBHEGIOBE

right now i'm less frustrated that i've heard nothing so far than i am by my absolute asshole of a housemate who just went and stuck his pizza in the oven that i'd be preheating to put my casserole in. YES, ASSHOLE, I TURNED THE OVEN ON ESPECIALLY FOR YOU.

but the cooking was to distract me from my emails... which is all related.

ARGH! shared living SUCKS.

This thread is definitely cathartic. I feel a lot better after reading some of these suggestions. I think I might get more acquainted with Messrs Daniels, Adams and Cuervo - I hear they're good company. wink.gif

Damn, it's the weekend again -- now we (those who don't have an acceptance yet) have to wait out a whole Saturday, then a whole Sunday, before starting the vigil again on Monday morning. :(

I know, right? It's like the only time in the history of the world where I've got a case of the Saturdays.

Damn, it's the weekend again -- now we (those who don't have an acceptance yet) have to wait out a whole Saturday, then a whole Sunday, before starting the vigil again on Monday morning. :(

Bahaha, I cannot tell you how disappointed I am when I check my email and then realize--curses!--it's Saturday.

Bahaha, I cannot tell you how disappointed I am when I check my email and then realize--curses!--it's Saturday.

That's what I thought last weekend, when I got two of my officially unofficial rejections (ie- they sent out acceptances, and I did not get one). I now fear the weekends as much as the week.

I'm officially at that point that I almost just want to get the official rejections in hand and start on apps for next year. I still have some hope for some of the schools on my list (Florida and Rochester were particularly good fits), but I just keep seeing things about my app that I would have done differently--starting with the "too narrative" tone of my SoP.

That's what I thought last weekend, when I got two of my officially unofficial rejections (ie- they sent out acceptances, and I did not get one). I now fear the weekends as much as the week.

I'm officially at that point that I almost just want to get the official rejections in hand and start on apps for next year. I still have some hope for some of the schools on my list (Florida and Rochester were particularly good fits), but I just keep seeing things about my app that I would have done differently--starting with the "too narrative" tone of my SoP.

I know how you feel, Tybalt. I'm in the same boat and just really want it all to be over so I can assess where I stand. Waiting is hard because you always hold out hope...:'(