SIPA (Columbia) Thread

Apparently so; If you look at how they released decisions last year, they did it incrementally by releasing, say, 30% on the first day... then the next 30% and then following 30% until the end.

I got 3 acceptances today, my mind is spinning on what to do! Never would have thought it.... I was hoping for just one.

I got 3 acceptances today, my mind is spinning on what to do! Never would have thought it.... I was hoping for just one.

Same here. Got 1 acceptance (and from my alma mater so it didn't really count) the first time I applied, so I was expecting 2 maybe 3 out of a half a dozen or so, not 5 out of 5.

Edited by greendiplomat

I swear this thread freaked me out. After stalking so diligently for so long.. to suddenly find a thread for SIPA admissions with 18 pages scared the hell out me !

No decisions notification on my applyyourself account yet. Fingers crossed.

any DP people found out? i don't see anything on "view your admission decision"...... :(

I haven't seen either. The MPA-DP deadline was 15 days after the MPA/MIA, we might still have to wait few days ahead. *keep fingers crossed*

Edited by setiadi

On the main page it has all the stats about my application and when it was completed and then underneath since the beginning We look forward to working with you. Submission status not submitted and a check box - will the admission decision be in that place or am I looking at the wrong area of the page?

I JUST GOT IN!! I can't believe it - this was my reach school! No funding, but none was expected.

Helpplease - did you get an e-mail saying your admissions decision was ready? Mine came about 5 minutes ago.

And THANK YOU Columbia for including my PIN in the e-mail so I didn't have to go through 6 months of e-mail to find it!

Well there should be something underneath application status that says "decision status" and that's where the link to your decision will be posted. Does your application say it's NOT submitted??? it should definitely say "submitted" and "application complete"

Well there should be something underneath application status that says "decision status" and that's where the link to your decision will be posted. Does your application say it's NOT submitted??? it should definitely say "submitted" and "application complete"

It says submitted and completed at the top with all the various portions of the application (GRE, LoR etc.) saying dates when they were complete but then underneath we look forward to working you it says application status: not submitted...I think this was mentioned as normal on either the blog or an email they sent out.

No email or decision on the app yet... this is one of those days when I hate this forum, so jealous of those of you who know! But I didn't submit my application until 12/20/2011 so perhaps I'll be one of the later decisions.

I didn't apply for fellowships/ask for funding so I find that unlikely, but who knows! Paranoia is now kicking in and I am thinking that I'll be rejected. But there's no basis for thinking that (uh, I hope)

Congrats to you and others who are admitted, too.

their latest blog post:

The Waiting Game

“…of all the hardships a person had to face none was more punishing than the simple act of waiting.”

Khaled Hosseini, A Thousand Splendid Suns

waiting-game-300x173.jpgWe will begin rolling out decisions today; however, don’t be discouraged if you haven’t heard from us yet. It can take a few days from when a decision is made to when it is released to the system. We don’t publish all our decisions in a single day, so if yours doesn’t happen to be one of the first to be finalized, hang in there. Waiting isn’t easy but sometimes “it’s” worth the wait.

Congrats! No email, just saw that a lot of people had gotten decisions by checking the site but hadn't gotten emails, so though it'd check too but nothing yet unfortunately!

Me neither! Anyone waiting for the MPA-DP decisions? Do they come out today as well???