SIPA (Columbia) Thread

9:00am in New York. After a less than relaxing weekend, I get to spend another otherwise stress-free day at work constantly updating applyyourself, this forum and the results survey.

Welcome back friends.... sorry I didn't put my reply above. I really have nothing more to say as hudwa put it perfectly. Here's to another unproductive work day.

Congrats on ur acceptance....I actually heard of people requiring to take english courses before the semester starts, and few had to carry on with additional english classes in their first year of study...

quick question to the international students that got accepted into MPA-DP, would you mind sharing your work experience, im just trying to gauge, what time of exprience these type of schools are looking for....thanks!

Hi Beekline,

I have about 6 years of work experience. First 3 years as a strategic management consultant for a private consulting firm with projects around South East Asia, last 3 years as strategic planning manager at an international development organization. Graduated from a state uni in Indonesia. Hope this helps.

wanderingwonderer,

thanks! this does help. Its always the question, why did I got rejected? and what can I do this year to be able to get into development program next year. ....there is no perfect solution....

I work as analyst for asset management company, so no govt exposure...

I received an email (I think for the 3rd time) about the MA program in Climate and Society at Columbia, though I'm yet awaiting a decision from SIPA on the MPA. Is there any rationale behind spamming current year applicants? Or does it simply mean that I've been rejected at SIPA?

I received an email (I think for the 3rd time) about the MA program in Climate and Society at Columbia, though I'm yet awaiting a decision from SIPA on the MPA. Is there any rationale behind spamming current year applicants? Or does it simply mean that I've been rejected at SIPA?

No it doesn't necessarily mean that you've been rejected. I already got in, and they still send the same emails! also around the time you received it today!

No it doesn't necessarily mean that you've been rejected. I already got in, and they still send the same emails! also around the time you received it today!

Yikes ! I guess they might be hoping in that case, on how to poach students even at the last moment :D. Inter-departmental rivalry at play, it seems.

I just called...same as before...no deadline for decisions, "please keep checking your email" ... OK!

Seriously they're being super annoying. they should atleast update their blog! Thanks for calling though!

Everyone who is still waiting for a response, would you mind posting the date and time that you submitted your application? Maybe this is "rolling" in the sense that there is some correlation between when we submitted and when we will hear back from them. You can check the exact time on applyyourself, clicking on "Application for Admissions" then checking the box on the right hand side. Mine was 1/5/2012 9:43:00 PM EST

Everyone who is still waiting for a response, would you mind posting the date and time that you submitted your application? Maybe this is "rolling" in the sense that there is some correlation between when we submitted and when we will hear back from them. You can check the exact time on applyyourself, clicking on "Application for Admissions" then checking the box on the right hand side. Mine was 1/5/2012 9:43:00 PM EST

Mine is Submitted Date: 1/5/2012 10:06:00 PM EST, but I saw that other people who applied at the same time have already heard back.

My Submitted Date: 1/5/2012 8:22:00 PM EST

Mine is Submitted Date: 1/5/2012 10:06:00 PM EST, but I saw that other people who applied at the same time have already heard back.

My Submitted Date: 1/5/2012 8:22:00 PM EST

Application for Admissions was submitted on 12/30/2011 10:00:00 AM EST

Submitted Date: 12/20/2011 5:21:00 PM EST

Submitted Date: 1/3/2012

Hah, there goes that theory. Unless everyone who didn't submit on 1/5/12 is being considered for funding. I hope we all are!