SIPA (Columbia) Thread

I still haven't received any news....

Anyway, as it seems I can't handle uncertainty much longer, I think I'll take Harvard offer (although they yet haven't said anything about financial aid).

Agh!

Finally, saw it on the website, no email yet. I'm in, but no funds. Probably not going with a price tag like that.

Congratulations ! Finally they've got the machinery moving, it seems. Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer.

Sorry to ask again, but are yall checking status through the SIPA online application, or is there another web portal to check?

NM, I see the decision at the bottom now. Also accepted with no funding. Probably going with UMich SNRE, so good luck to those that are waitlisted; I hope you're bumped up!

Edited by puddin

I still haven't received any news....

Anyway, as it seems I can't handle uncertainty much longer, I think I'll take Harvard offer (although they yet haven't said anything about financial aid).

Agh!

@LIF, I am in your boat. At least Harvard handed out their decisions early (they were the first that i heard from!). This is how SIPA should have handled it as well: hand out acceptances/rejections and then say that financial aid information will be forthcoming. But heavily leaning towards HKS even assuming no money coming my way

Sorry to ask again, but are yall checking status through the SIPA online application, or is there another web portal to check?

You have the answer to your question now, it seems. Is it the same applyyourself home page? Where does the decision appear?

Congratulations anyways ! (for being able to make a decision :D)

Nothing for me yet. Just checked AGAIN!!!

I think there is a huge meteorite coming towards the world and SIPA ad-com is trying to select the astronauts that will destroy it. that's why it is so difficult to choose. yeah, that makes sense...

Hi guys! Congrats to all of you who got in! Actually, I was accepted at BU and GWU. I have applied to SIPA but this was more due to the olympic concept "It's the taking part that counts!" ;)

Apart from the fact that you all seem to have done so much already I know that I won't have a chance at all. Still, there is a slight hope even though I'd be more than happy to go to Boston, or DC. :)

Nevertheless - I thank you all for posting here cause I thought I was the only one freaking out about this waiting...I still have not heard anything...so Madrilena25- we're in the same boat!

Take care all of you!

A little bit out of our usual topic.. But i hope this would be helpful for those who are still having tough times deciding whether to go to SIPA or not

I just went through SIPA message board where admitted students can interact directly with admission officers and current students. From the look of it, I didn't see that they're 'impersonal' or 'hard to reach' like what I've been hearing about SIPA negative sides... It think I might go to SIPA.

You have the answer to your question now, it seems. Is it the same applyyourself home page? Where does the decision appear?

Congratulations anyways ! (for being able to make a decision :D)

When you log into the application portal there will be a link at the bottom of the main page below "decision status:_____" when a decision is available. Good luck!

Go to SIPA, erry3779! I know several people who went to SIPA and they absolutely loved it. They made great connections and they all have very good jobs! "Going to SIPA changes your life", that's what they said... Good luck and congrats on your acceptance!