SIPA (Columbia) Thread

Hey guys,

so, my waiting has an end - at least what SIPA is concerned - rejected. Bummer. Would have been nice, espc to have nyc as a background for what I want to do later on in life,

Good luck to those still waiting!!!

Hey guys,

so, my waiting has an end - at least what SIPA is concerned - rejected. Bummer. Would have been nice, espc to have nyc as a background for what I want to do later on in life,

Good luck to those still waiting!!!

Good luck PaulaRevere ! :)

You're right...Seems like it ! Economics seems to be a positive with them !!

Well BU and GWU are both awesome ! And at great places !

Seriously, now? I mean, in another thread the same question came up - is BU at least heard of in the vasts of international affairs? (;) )What about jobs later on?

Yes number 1 is SIPA as of now. Number 2 is CMU because they're the only ones who've given me some funding !!!

Although i was thinking, since you're from Germany, you're an international student...so perhaps BU would be good...it's internationally very well reputed. I know it's known well in India...

Yes number 1 is SIPA as of now. Number 2 is CMU because they're the only ones who've given me some funding !!!

Although i was thinking, since you're from Germany, you're an international student...so perhaps BU would be good...it's internationally very well reputed. I know it's known well in India...

Oh, that is good to know - (i love this forum :) ).

Hm, I was thinking about learning Hindi and maybe, if I get the chance, to do projects in India. Ok, I have no idea whether learning Hindi is a good idea at all as most people are able to speak English. Still, you can learn so much about a culture this way.

Good luck, fleetly, hope you get your number 1 :D

Oh, that is good to know - (i love this forum :) ).

Hm, I was thinking about learning Hindi and maybe, if I get the chance, to do projects in India. Ok, I have no idea whether learning Hindi is a good idea at all as most people are able to speak English. Still, you can learn so much about a culture this way.

Good luck, fleetly, hope you get your number 1 :D

Thanks ! Good luck to you too PaulaRevere !

PS : Hindi - pretty simple ;) German and Sanskrit similar format I believe... All the best to you !!!!

For those who have already heard back from SIPA, may I ask you when your letter was dated? Someone said that he/she received the decision yesterday but the letter was dated on March 20. That would mean that decisions have already been made and they are just updating the system. Don't know what to think at this point. I'm just tired. Another weekend waiting....

@wantgrad, I'm waiting as well...What concentration did you apply to? I applied to EPD. Can't understand why it's taking so long. And they wanted to start releasing decision in early March... Unbelievable!

Finally heard from then! Accepted, but no financial aid, which is pretty much a deal breaker for SIPA (if I end up paying full tuition I'd rather go for HKS). My concentration was also EPD.

So... I am going to be the last one hearing back from them... Super great! What time did you hear from them, wantgrad? Thanks for your words, dcenergygirl. I don't think I am being considered for funding because my stats are not that brilliant...Anyway, I just want to know my decision!

Wantgrat. Congrats!!! Not sure how many people here in this forum r from us or abroad. But bringing up my question that no one answered yet. I went to community school before 4 year college. Is that a weakness when viewed by those top tiered school? Thanks!

So... I am going to be the last one hearing back from them... Super great! What time did you hear from them, wantgrad? Thanks for your words, dcenergygirl. I don't think I am being considered for funding because my stats are not that brilliant...Anyway, I just want to know my decision!

you aren't the last one !!! there's still me !!!

Received the email at 1.24am India time (just finished some Friday night festivities...good way to end I suppose), which I believe is 3.44pm in NYC

Congrats wantgrad ! could you let us know your profile please??