SIPA (Columbia) Thread

I just called the admission office, and they said that I don't have to enroll on the Summer Language Program (fiuuh) .. Strange, since my toefl is 109 and i got 23 on the speaking part.

I also asked the admission officer to connect me with current student, she said that she will forward me to one and he/she will be in touch with me. I told her that I need to make decision soon, since if I have to let go SIPA and go to SAIS I have to enroll on the pre-term program.

Let me see, whether a current SIPA student will sell SIPA the way bunch of SAIS students emailed me and selling SAIS.

Regarding your iBT score, I think the admission officer also consider your internationally exposure experience (training in WTO and the fact that your are working in MoFA).

Btw, have you discussed with Gerri, a MoFA's civil servant currently enrolling in MIA? She might give you more insight on what the program is and even better the relation with MoFA's works.

Okay...so is anyone else still waiting to hear from SIPA regarding MPA admissions? Or am I the lone remaining sufferer?

And if not, do we have any reason to believe any acceptances remain for us who still wait? I'm absolutely losing it, and I actually need to make a decision soon. Until when do I wait until I just move on and pick a different program?

Edited by kellyclarksonfanlol

I'm still waiting for MIA decisions. I'm still in denial, believing that all those of us left will get huge fellowships and that's why it's taking them so long.

Ah, it's good to read there's someone else out there. I hope you are right re: fellowships haha! I just have a bad feeling about it at this point. SIPA doles out so few first year fellowships, and it seems a relatively significant number of fellowships have already been posted on the results survey.... I think the wait is just really starting to get to me now.

I wish you the best of luck!

Just got accepted by SIPA. Super excited. Gotta make a decision between GPPI and SIPA. Any suggestions? GPPI offers me better financial aid while SIPA offers $0...

Those who haven't heard anything from them yet,be patient. Good news is on the way!

Just got accepted by SIPA. Super excited. Gotta make a decision between GPPI and SIPA. Any suggestions? GPPI offers me better financial aid while SIPA offers $0...

Those who haven't heard anything from them yet,be patient. Good news is on the way!

well i think its really helpful to look at employment statistics after graduating. GPPI actually sends employment stats on their students from the previous year per masters program. (MPP is a little sad.... i think theyre ~30% unemployed) SIPA.... is a little trickier. I was also accepted by both so i looked into this. SIPA lumps ALL of their MPA degrees together and lists the conglomerate statistical data.

I personally think that isnt really helpful. I got into the ESP MPA and i want to know about the ESP MPA's success rate at employment.... but clearly cant find any info on it. I even traveled to the school to ask and emailed administrators about it a few times.... no clear delivery on just my program.

So try to figure out exactly what you're looking for and what you want out of your degree first. I really value working after graduating!

gl!

@kellyclarksonfanlol and IRToni, I'm also waiting.. I applied to the MIA program. After seeing the survey results, I'm afraid that most of fellowship decisions have already been released... I have a negative feeling regarding my application BUT I hope you can get in guys. Just have faith and don't give up until they post your decision! Good luck!

@kellyclarksonfanlol and IRToni, I'm also waiting.. I applied to the MIA program. After seeing the survey results, I'm afraid that most of fellowship decisions have already been released... I have a negative feeling regarding my application BUT I hope you can get in guys. Just have faith and don't give up until they post your decision! Good luck!

I'm still waiting too ! everytime i visit my sipa account ..the 'to be or not to be' hits me harder !!

i really want to thank everyone on this thread because it's really nice how everyone's been so helpful..and really SIPA should've accepted us all...we make huge positive bunch..! and in fact sipa thank a lot of posters on this thread for converting those should-i-go-to-sipa-or-nots to sipa-here-i-come !

i really want to thank everyone on this thread because it's really nice how everyone's been so helpful..and really SIPA should've accepted us all...we make huge positive bunch..! and in fact sipa thank a lot of posters on this thread for converting those should-i-go-to-sipa-or-nots to sipa-here-i-come !

So which on are you fleety? The 'shoul-i-go-to-sipa' or the 'sipa-here-i-come' ?

So fleetly, you haven't heard back either...I guess that this week we'll know something...That's what they said in the blog... "end of next week".....

I agree with you that this thread has such a positive aura... For me, it has also been very helpful. I hope we can all meet at SIPA!

I would go if I were admitted lol. But..I'm still waiting and waiting.

I think you did the right thing by contacting the Admissions Departament to learn more about the program and get in touch with a current student. I'm sure he/she will give you real feedback.

And this is for you, Erry (well, for everyone!):

http://blogs.cuit.co...happen-at-sipa/

http://blogs.cuit.co...pro-con-list-2/

http://sipalife.blog...ooglegroup.html

http://michellechahi...sipa-round-two/

I especially like the last one!

Edited by Madrilena25

So which on are you fleety? The 'shoul-i-go-to-sipa' or the 'sipa-here-i-come' ?

So fleetly, you haven't heard back either...I guess that this week we'll know something...That's what they said in the blog... "end of next week".....

I agree with you that this thread has such a positive aura... For me, it has also been very helpful. I hope we can all meet at SIPA!

I'm still waiting for a warm acceptance from SIPA erry3779 ^_^

Madrilena25 ! you and I are in the same boat..and it seems to me SIPA will squeeze every bit of patience there is before our fate is before us :P

It'll be great if we get through.. and post that .. housing discussions ! that's going to fun :)

thanks for the links..!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INN!!!!!

but no $$$, meaning 12 hr shifts at work for the next 5 months are coming, oh well, i'm ready

no email yet, checked the appyourself page at 2:55 p.m. EST (NY time)

my number 1 choice

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INN!!!!!

but no $$$, meaning 12 hr shifts at work for the next 5 months are coming, oh well, i'm ready

no email yet, checked the appyourself page at 2:55 p.m. EST (NY time)

my number 1 choice

GOT IN!!! I just can’t believe it! VIVAAAAAA!! After waiting for so long, I thought I would be rejected. OVER THE MOON RIGHT NOW! Good luck to those who are still waiting! And congrats, Cossack!!

Edited by Madrilena25