Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Got the crappy news, NS for Nicaragua. Oh well, it's a bit of releif to at least know already! For those of you in the running, good luck and I wish you all the best in the future!

I've been lurking this thread for a while now in relative calm, but now that the CA notifications are coming in I'm officially starting to panic. My life will now be on hold until I get this email. Come on Costa Rica!

I've been lurking this thread for a while now in relative calm, but now that the CA notifications are coming in I'm officially starting to panic. My life will now be on hold until I get this email. Come on Costa Rica!

Me too!! I am trying to channel my nervous energy into house cleaning, but I keep stopping to refresh this thread and my email.

Good to see three of us for CR on here now, for months, I've thought I was the only one. Good luck! I hope we get to see each other there- or make ourselves a facebook page.

Edited by ALSimon

Got the crappy news, NS for Nicaragua. Oh well, it's a bit of releif to at least know already! For those of you in the running, good luck and I wish you all the best in the future!

Sorry for the news!

If I may ask, what was your project? I'm interested in CA for the 2013-2014 cycle and trying to get an idea of what may or not get funded.

Sorry for the news!

If I may ask, what was your project? I'm interested in CA for the 2013-2014 cycle and trying to get an idea of what may or not get funded.

Are you applying to Nicaragua? The reason I ask is that all the countries have their own preferances. In any case, mine was in anthropology and natural resources. A good place to look if you want to see the past grantee projects is on the website. There's an area where they list by year the past projects, and it looks like a general pattern in the region has been projects in public health, natural resources, women's issues, and anthrpology, but I'm sure it varies from place to place. Good luck!

Congrats to everyone thus far! However, when will Turkey let its ETA finalist know? I'm looking every day for an update..no no answer :( I'm mostly here to figure out who else applied to Turkey for an ETA, that way when we do get accepted :) ??!!! (OPTIMISM)...We can start planning living arrangement, visas, etc together. :)

Alternate for Morocco

FYI: Did a little research and so far have counted 4 people on the alternate list for a research grant to Morocco. (Not ETA).

Have you heard of anyone getting a research grant in Morocco?

Alternate for Morocco

Have you heard of anyone getting a research grant in Morocco?

Thanks for joining the forum and posting! Interestingly, I've not come across anyone who has been awarded a full research grant to Morocco. Have you? Normally university's post such information on their websites. Did you apply for an ETA or for a full grant (I'm guessing full since you responded to my thread).

If there are any other alternates to Morocco lurking please post so we can at least give each other an idea of how long the list is. :(

Edited by iridescence11*

Thanks for joining the forum and posting! Interestingly, I've not come across anyone who has been awarded a full research grant to Morocco. Have you? Normally university's post such information on their websites. Did you apply for an ETA or for a full grant (I'm guessing full since you responded to my thread).

If there are any other alternates to Morocco lurking please post so we can at least give each other an idea of how long the list is. :(

Full Grant. I do not know of anyone who got it.

Before the Fulbright website changeover, I checked out the 2010 winners and found 16 fulbright Full (not ETA) grant winners. All but two were undergraduates.

Congrats to everyone thus far! However, when will Turkey let its ETA finalist know? I'm looking every day for an update..no no answer :( I'm mostly here to figure out who else applied to Turkey for an ETA, that way when we do get accepted :) ??!!! (OPTIMISM)...We can start planning living arrangement, visas, etc together. :)

there are a few of us, you can look at the spreadsheet https://docs.google....tnY2k3bmc#gid=0

Edited by oa0176

I have received a full grant for Turkey. Have any other recipients received any information at all from the commission in Turkey? Apologies if this was addressed in an earlier thread-this is my first time posting.

Cheers!

i was also notified that i am an alternate for morocco (full)

did you all get emails asking for a picture?

Sadly, I was Not Selected (sounds nicer than rejected) for Costa Rica full grant. Email came in at 4:58pm today.

Congratulations to everyone- regardless of whether you were selected, alt-ed, or ... ahem, given the opportunity to explore other possibilities. We all worked really hard, and have to keep in mind that it is an honor to even have been recommended to the destination countries at all!

I plan to reapply next year, and also apply for the Boren award- so I guess I'll see you all next year, same time, same place.

Selected for an ETA in Malta! Any other Malta fulbrighters on here?

I am not onthe spreadsheet but I will ad myself

Edited by meli12

i was also notified that i am an alternate for morocco (full)

did you all get emails asking for a picture?

Yes

spreadsheet info

I was notified on 04/25/2012.

This person above is listed as a full fulbright (alt)

Thanks for your hard work.