Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Is there anyone lurking out there who applied to Kyrgyzstan (besides boxoatoc and tokyokyoto)?

If so, please pm ALL BOTH OF US! ;)

I am so curious about the projects people proposed.

Edit to strike-out: Well, I'll let tokyotokyoto speak for her/himself, haha.

Edited by boxoatoc

Ok Caribbean people, I called Pam (again). They're still waiting on the CA folks buuuuuut the Caribbean is confirmed. Notifications go out tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity: if you are rejected for a grant, do you also get a rejection letter in the mail?

Edited by rtlc06

Ok Caribbean people, I called Pam (again). They're still waiting on the CA folks buuuuuut the Caribbean is confirmed. Notifications go out tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity: if you are rejected for a grant, do you also get a rejection letter in the mail?

Thanks for doing that. When you mean there's a wait for the CA people, do you mean from the actual counties to make selections, or is the holdup on the Fulbright end in the states? I really don't know how much longer I can take this, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

Thanks for doing that. When you mean there's a wait for the CA people, do you mean from the actual counties to make selections, or is the holdup on the Fulbright end in the states? I really don't know how much longer I can take this, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

Unfortunately I'm really not sure where the holdup is... Pam pretty much just said that they're going to go with what they have and get the Caribbean notifications out tomorrow and not wait on CA any longer... That apparently means that we'll be notified separately (i.e. Caribbean people tomorrow, CA people sometime after that...).

My brain is going going to pop out of my head! Why why WHYYYYYY is CA taking so long?

Congratulations, though, on Caribbean folks knowing they will have an answer tomorrow. I will be checking in frequently to see how everyone fares.

You are the bomb for doing this... Email refreshamania is on for tomorrow....

Is Costa Rica part of the Caribbean cluster? I have not heard back and I see that Ecuador and Mexico already did, so I'm getting a bit nervous. Anybody else applying to CR?

Edited by buggy1982

Oh, man. You made my night! Here's to hoping we all get good news!

Is Costa Rica part of the Caribbean cluster? I have not heard back and I see that Ecuador and Mexico already did, so I'm getting a bit nervous. Anybody else applying to CR?

It's technically a part of the Central America/Caribbean regional program, but for whatever reason it seems that the Caribbean countries are getting their notifications sooner than the CA countries, which Costa Rica is a part of. In terms of Mexico and Ecuador, they have their own Fulbright commissions, so their notifications are not going to be tied to ours at all because the process is a bit different for them.

It's technically a part of the Central America/Caribbean regional program, but for whatever reason it seems that the Caribbean countries are getting their notifications sooner than the CA countries, which Costa Rica is a part of. In terms of Mexico and Ecuador, they have their own Fulbright commissions, so their notifications are not going to be tied to ours at all because the process is a bit different for them.

I applied to Costa Rica for a full grant. Are you Full or ETA?

Tunnels is right, Costa Rica is a part of CA. Typically, the islands are all considered Caribbean while mainland countries (Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama) are called Central America. Mexico, and the South American countries are all individually selected.

I wouldn't hold my breath to hear back today... well, I still am, but it's not likely if Pam says we have a delay.

And with that, I'm off to refresh my email and scour my spam folder.

ALT to Trinidad. My heart stopped a bit when I saw the ALT designation :/

To save myself the agony of further waiting and hoping, I am going note alternate status in my CV and carry on as if I was rejected. Thanks for everyone's support on this site, it has helped me tremendously. I'm going to take a hiatus for a while.

Ugh, sorry to hear about Caribbean ALT decisions. Hopefully it'll work out and you'll end up getting the grant. Fingers crossed for you guys.

@stuckinlimbo -- I'm waiting on Honduras too! Hoping we'll hear this week. =/

Anyone else waiting to hear from Honduras?

Le sigh...

Been lurking for a while now and just made an account. Full grant to Jamaica for my coral research project.

Congratulations!!!

This blows my temporary theory that all C/CA applicants were being ALT'ed because of funding issues.

Congrats to those accepted to Caribbean countries today, and I REALLY HOPE alternates are promoted to principal soon. Surely with grad school deadlines etc. some people gave up waiting and accepted other things in the meantime. Fingers crossed for y'all!

Congratulations to those of you who were awarded grants today! And to the alternates -- keep the faith and remember that you have accomplished so much just by making it this far. I am sure you get tired of hearing it but I mean it!

To those of you who were once told that the New York offices were waiting for budgetary approval before notifying you...how long did that take?

Ugh, sorry to hear about Caribbean ALT decisions. Hopefully it'll work out and you'll end up getting the grant. Fingers crossed for you guys.

@stuckinlimbo -- I'm waiting on Honduras too! Hoping we'll hear this week. =/

Agreed, but from the tone conveyed about the phone call with Pam, it sounds like they are expecting further waits for CA. What's your project and where in Honduras are you hoping to work?

Oh I should probably mention that I was listed as "anon" on the spreadsheet. So sad to see "Alternate" next to my name. Congrats to all of those who received good news!! Truly happy for you :-).