Social Psychology 2009

weeble

This week is finals week for UC Davis. Next week is Spring break. Shouldn't make a difference for grad admissions (I would think) since the administration only has one day (March 27th) off. Maybe folks who still haven't heard are wait listed?

So...after interviewing with Buffalo at the end of January, I have still not heard one way or the other from them. I emailed my POI 2 weeks ago, and he said they were still deciding and that I was still under consideration. I just noticed that they are not members of the Council of Graduate Departments of Psychology - which I guess means that they are not obligated by the April 15th rule...

Problem is, I've got one acceptance elsewhere, but I don't think I can adequately compare and decide between the two without visiting Buffalo (this is assuming I get in there). And if they wait too long, I won't be able to visit! I wonder if they are waiting for people who got accepted elsewhere to withdraw, so that they insure that the people they give offers to accept.

I'm in a similar situation with Penn State. I interviewed at the end of January and still haven't heard a decision. I'm visiting two other schools over the coming week and a half. I figure if I haven't heard from Penn by the time those visits are over I'll email or call them.

Stanford has finally dropped the shoe - official rejection notice via email. In the rejection email, they mocked me thoroughly, noting that my application was 'totally stupid' and that they could tell I was 'stinky' and they didn't want me 'stinking up their campus and stuff.'

Stupid trees.

Did anyone here apply to the University of Iowa and hear anything back? I see a few rejections from February on the results, but I haven't heard a peep from them. I'm guessing I'm on a wait list... I just wanna finally hear back from everywhere so I can tell my nagging family where I will be! :wink:

I see some NYU applicants have already got application decision via email, but I remember that they say they will never give out admission information via email and I haven't heard anything about rejection or acceptance yet (both via mail and email). So does anyone know something about their process?

I see some NYU applicants have already got application decision via email, but I remember that they say they will never give out admission information via email and I haven't heard anything about rejection or acceptance yet (both via mail and email). So does anyone know something about their process?

This was the first paragraph of my rejection email. Perhaps it depends on you.

"When you submitted your application for admission, you indicated that

Graduate Enrollment Services could contact you by email regarding the

status of your application. This email is your official decision letter

from the Graduate School."

This was the first paragraph of my rejection email. Perhaps it depends on you.

"When you submitted your application for admission, you indicated that

Graduate Enrollment Services could contact you by email regarding the

status of your application. This email is your official decision letter

from the Graduate School."

Great thanks! Maybe my rejection is on the way...

woohooo I finally got a firm offer on funding from Kansas!!! I'm so kicked :)

Full tuition waiver + GTA of $11,000 for 9 months. Would anyone if that is sufficient? I'm from India and I have no idea about the cost of living in Lawrence!

Congratulations, Sahana! :) In the event no one in this subforum has cost of living information to share with you about KU, you may want to post your question in the "City Guide" section on this site, which is dedicated to answering city-specific questions. Cheers!

just curious - judging by the size of this thread, is social psychology the absolutely dominant sub-field in psych ? :)

I think clinical probably tops it, but those are definitely the two big ones, which helps explain why you guys have it so hard during admissions :|