Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

I more curious about the reason for the others accepting me. The only reason i can think about

is that (and thats what i see in this forum) is that relatively few people applied to quant method as

a subfield.

Oh, and I should add that I called the admissions office today at ND: they have NOT finished making their waitlist. I'm not even sure they've made all their admssions offers; the survey this year certainly indicates that they have not.

Wonderful! :)

I got into UW SEATTLE!!! And my POI Caporaso (the ideal..ideal person in regionalism and IPE) is going to take me on!

Fantastic! UW Seattle has produced some fantastic scholars fairly recently; take a look at John Ahlquist for someone doing IPE/CPE work. From everything I've heard it's a great program!

Edited by RWBG

I've noticed many lurkers here recently (as I type this, there are 7 members and 19 guests reading the thread). I encourage everyone to emerge from the shadows. It won't make you any more neurotic about this process than you already are, and it may even help.

The success of the board depends on the flow of information. We are far more likely to accept info in the Results Survey when someone claims it in the forum.

I wish I had discovered this forum earlier, which would have reduced much of the stupid mistakes I made in my own application.

Judging from my prospects right now (one admission w/o funding from safety school, one official rejection, 5 more on the way) it is highly likely that I have to endure another cycle.

Any suggestions?

Edited by dec4rhapsody

I wish I had discovered this forum earlier, which would have reduced much of the stupid mistakes I made in my own application.

Judging from my prospects right now (one admission w/o funding from safety school, one official rejection, 5 more on the way) it is highly likely that I have to endure another cycle.

Any suggestions?

I wish I knew how important the SoP would be. I'm lucky I have gotten into places, but it is probably the most important part of your application. I'm pretty sure mine sucked lots.

Also, don't give up hope!!! 5 more schools to hear from!!!

Edited by kolja00

I wish I knew how important the SoP would be. I'm lucky I have gotten into places, but it is probably the most important part of your application. I'm pretty sure mine sucked lots.

Also, don't give up hope!!! 5 more schools to hear from!!!

Congrats for the offers.

I wish I could keep up my hopes but according to the survey here the rest of the schools I applied for have already sent out their decision letters (acceptances, wait-lists AND rejections), which makes me wonder whether they took a glance at my application to begin with.

I wish I could keep up my hopes but according to the survey here the rest of the schools I applied for have already sent out their decision letters (acceptances, wait-lists AND rejections), which makes me wonder whether they took a glance at my application to begin with.

I do not know what we can really divine from the survey results posted thus far. It does seem as if many schools have adopted an incremental approach to releasing decisions this year. Perhaps the schools to which you applied have simply not yet notified all applicants. Perhaps no news is good news. Until a rejection note arrives, I would not assume the worst.

For my part, I will send positive thoughts your way, and hope that you receive notices of acceptance soon.

Edited by iwouldpreferanonymity