Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

Regarding Indiana, I certainly wish there was some news from that front. I would volunteer to call, but like with NU, they might have blocked my number. If anyone else decides to call, would you please let us know if you learn anything? Thanks!

Me too, I have already called both and all I keep hearing is early this week--well it is no longer early in the week! So frustrating.

I've wrapped up my cycle and I'm still going to commiserate, make lame jokes and in general hang about. I also may finally sleep a full 8 hours again :) (there have to be a few perks!)

Same, bro. All but officially decided where I'm headed, but no one gets my dumb jokes anywhere else, so I'll be around for a bit...:P

congrats everyone! so proud of the folk here! I especially want to congratulate ginsburg for his/her first acceptance. I can't think of any better time for you to get drunk!

as a side note, i think i am among the few in this forum who has to wait longer and longer for good news (that is, if there are any), while watching everyone conclude their cycles and leave.. sigh

congrats everyone! so proud of the folk here! I especially want to congratulate ginsburg for his/her first acceptance. I can't think of any better time for you to get drunk!

as a side note, i think i am among the few in this forum who has to wait longer and longer for good news (that is, if there are any), while watching everyone conclude their cycles and leave.. sigh

I will be among those who stick around (not that it cheers you up any). Whirlibird will also be here, and that makes everything ok.

Here's to hoping you get some good news soon!

Edited by PoliSci27

Thanks Princeton for being the ONLY school to notify both rejections and admissions in a timely manner. I don't understand why everybody can't send rejections just after admits.

Michigan actually sent rejections BEFORE admits. It was a little unsettling.

I will be among those who stick around (not that is cheers you up any). Whirlibird will also be here, and that makes everything ok.

Here's to hoping you get some good news soon!

I'll be here for a while as well; I've got six more applications to hear results on. Many had later deadlines, so I'd expect word on them won't be final for a few more weeks.

...So, if anything, my season is probably only just getting started XD

[i've also just recieved my official Princeton rejection email as well; I figure I should collect my letters and turn them into some kind of art project when this is all over]

Edited by Snow Fox

Very nice rejection from Princeton. I can now forever say that I am an ivy reject. Congrats again to the admits!

They've rejected me twice now. My undergrad adviser suggested I take all my rejection letters, put them in a pile, and light them on fire. I think I will dance around that fire in the tshirt of whichever school I attend!

They've rejected me twice now. My undergrad adviser suggested I take all my rejection letters, put them in a pile, and light them on fire. I think I will dance around that fire in the tshirt of whichever school I attend!

Excellent! I was having the same thought only a hoodie instead of t-shirt. Care to make it a group effort? (save on bonfire expenses)

In the last week four friends reported back to me that their friends at Princeton all positively hated it there, saying it's a magnet for the snooty/uptight and therefore a horrible place to be at. Granted only one of them is doing PoliSci, but it still softens the blow. So let us rejects all take comfort in that, and let the admitted students from this forum set a new tone!

Claiming the latest Harvard on results survey.

Now my season is officially over. I am pretty sure I am not going to be accepted by U Washington, since it seems many acceptances have already gone out. Anyway if it happens it would make me 0/2 for my back-ups and 3/3 for my top three choices. >.< I think I learned my lesson: it really is the fit.

Will share my SOP and stuff now that it's over for me. And best luck everyone who is still waiting!!

In the last week four friends reported back to me that their friends at Princeton all positively hated it there, saying it's a magnet for the snooty/uptight and therefore a horrible place to be at. Granted only one of them is doing PoliSci, but it still softens the blow. So let us rejects all take comfort in that, and let the admitted students from this forum set a new tone!

I don't think it's good practice to soften the blow by attacking other schools. Everyone I know at Princeton seems nice.

I don't think it's good practice to soften the blow by attacking other schools. Everyone I know at Princeton seems nice.

Obviously. But niceness is relational, and if my friends' friends find the social climate in Princeton rather cold, I would venture that there's a good chance I would similarly not fare well there. This is obviously a post hoc rationalization as Princeton is a fantastic school and I'd be singing an altogether different tune in case of admission :P