MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Just got on and decided to join the conversation. Applying for MFA Painting, Here's my list:

Applied: MICA (Hoffberger & Mt. Royal), UNC Chapel Hill, RISD, Berkeley, UPenn, Rutgers, PAFA, VCU

Does anyone have any idea when UNC typically gives interviews, they are my top choice right now. Good Luck Everyone!

Just got on and decided to join the conversation. Applying for MFA Painting, Here's my list:

Applied: MICA (Hoffberger & Mt. Royal), UNC Chapel Hill, RISD, Berkeley, UPenn, Rutgers, PAFA, VCU

Does anyone have any idea when UNC typically gives interviews, they are my top choice right now. Good Luck Everyone!

UNC doesn't interview, they make acceptances based on the application only. I know you should be hearing from them soon if you get in, I was definitely notified in early or mid-February when I applied.

i wonder how many people they interview

I think almost everyone on this forum who applied to Cal Arts was requested for an interview? So I'm guessing that there will be a lot of people. I'm on the east coast and I'm debating if it's worth it for me to go to LA for it. If I do go, I will probably try to see the other schools that I applied to while I am out there. Just depends if I can come up with the cash.

To go or not to go . . .

Thanks michaelwebster ! Sorry, I didn't know what the up and down arrows were for and I accidentally voted the post down, whatever that means. But I definitely appreciate your feedback. I really hope that I hear something soon--did you apply last year?

I applied 2 years ago, so it definitely could have changed since then. Have you visited UNC already?

Anyone who has been interviewed by calarts before??

I am so nervous right now =(

Yeah it's pretty basic. They ask about your work - the themes they picked up, specific pieces they might want to know more about, what you're working on now - & why you want to go to the program you're applying to.

I received an invitation for an interview at SAIC yesterday via snail mail! Now I'm going to check out the thread on interview prep!

Any tips much appreciated!

Congrats to everyone with interviews and acceptances!

For what program? I have no heard from them :(

For sculpture, and I just heard today (via email). Somebody from painting heard from them Saturday (I think), via phone call. It looks like they're doing it in stages, so hang in there!

I received an invitation for an interview at SAIC yesterday via snail mail! Now I'm going to check out the thread on interview prep!

Any tips much appreciated!

Congrats to everyone with interviews and acceptances!

Congrats! Best advice I've seen is to just take this as an opportunity to speak about your work, just like you have in the past. Don't think of all that hangs on this, as I know the air is thick. Be conversational and not too defensive about your work, but explain why it stands up against art that is currently being produced. Be positive and energetic about the program, sell yourself and be confident in what you say, even if you're second guessing it in your head. Best of luck!

Congrats! Best advice I've seen is to just take this as an opportunity to speak about your work, just like you have in the past. Don't think of all that hangs on this, as I know the air is thick. Be conversational and not too defensive about your work, but explain why it stands up against art that is currently being produced. Be positive and energetic about the program, sell yourself and be confident in what you say, even if you're second guessing it in your head. Best of luck!

That is great advice, leetimko.

Congrats sculptor and hdsl :)

>> NeW wEeK=more news ! <<

Thanks, kazoo!

That is great advice, leetimko.

Thanks, kazoo!

agreed! great advice leetimko. thanks!

I'm going to try to enlist my artist, art historian, and curator friends for some studio visits to help me practice talking about my work.

and thanks kazoo!

hang in there everyone!