MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Ya, all post-bacc's are certificates not degrees. They are graduate level courses, but only count towards the certificate and are non-transferrable.

The program I was accepted to specifically said these graduate level courses would be counted towards my hours if I am accepted into their program the next year. I believe they also said they were transferrable, but I will have to check again.

The program I was accepted to specifically said these graduate level courses would be counted towards my hours if I am accepted into their program the next year. I believe they also said they were transferrable, but I will have to check again.

Well, I'm very curious then what program this is, so we don't have to keep guessing! But you mean that the post-bacc hours would only count for MFA credit if you went to the same school for your MFA right? What I meant was that they weren't transferrable to any MFA program. (Like undergrad credit to another undergrad school)

My slideroom still says "New Genres MFA" and i was invited for an interview.

Is this for Columbus? When did they notify you about an interview? Congrats! I applied as well but haven't heard anything as of yet.

Unofficial rejection from VCU Visual Communications today. :( Apparently they made their decisions on Friday and will be communicating shortly. Now I'm only waiting to hear from two schools...

Interesting. I received the following email from the graduate admissions department in response to my request for admissions status (Sculpture) earlier today:

"We do not have a set deadline date on when decisions are made. It can take 6-8 weeks from the program deadline date for decisions to be made. I can take longer depending on how the program is reviewing their applicants, how many applications they received, etc. All programs review their applicants differently. As long as on your application status says "complete and ready for review" just means a decision has not been made on your application and your program is currently reviewing your application."

Yes, this is a generic response but perhaps it will be of some use to those awaiting a change to their "Complete and ready for review" status. However, as a former writer of college admission letters who is familiar with application processing, I also realize that this may simply mean that the status itself has not yet been updated to reflect the actual decision made.

I just finished up an interview with University of Oregon.

overall I feel good about how it went. I was on speaker phone and had a hard time hearing them.

Simple questions.

also I was a little preoccupied by the pain from slicing open my finger from a new chisel this morning.

Thank god i didnt cut any nerves or tendons. getting the stiches was the most painful part. oieeeeeee.

:wacko:

Edited by berto

I just finished up an interview with University of Oregon.

overall I feel good about how it went. I was on speaker phone and had a hard time hearing them.

Simple questions.

also I was a little preoccupied by the pain from slicing open my finger from a new chisel this morning.

Thank god i didnt cut any nerves or tendons. getting the stiches was the most painful part. oieeeeeee.

:wacko:

Yeah, I just talked to them too. Super quick. Pretty basic questions. I feel fine about it.

Hope you're finger's doing ok!!!

Interesting. I received the following email from the graduate admissions department in response to my request for admissions status (Sculpture) earlier today:

"We do not have a set deadline date on when decisions are made. It can take 6-8 weeks from the program deadline date for decisions to be made. I can take longer depending on how the program is reviewing their applicants, how many applications they received, etc. All programs review their applicants differently. As long as on your application status says "complete and ready for review" just means a decision has not been made on your application and your program is currently reviewing your application."

Yes, this is a generic response but perhaps it will be of some use to those awaiting a change to their "Complete and ready for review" status. However, as a former writer of college admission letters who is familiar with application processing, I also realize that this may simply mean that the status itself has not yet been updated to reflect the actual decision made.

I called the VCU graduate admissions office this morning, and the woman on the phone was the friendliest person I've talked to in weeks, even though she probably deals with these calls all day.

She said the same thing to me over the phone. I tried to ask about the timeline of the interviews, and if no news means anything, but of course what can else she say? "Decisions are made within 6 - 8 weeks..." so who knows.

I can't help but agree no news is not good news, even though it still doesn't sound like anyone from the painting department has heard anything yet.

I'm thinking I've been universally rejected, but I'm about to start building a studio on family land so I don't feel too terrible.

The studio part sounds awesome! I'm with you - if I don't get into school, I want to find a studio space... and I want to know NOW so I can start looking! The waiting is killer. :)

not having a good feeling about the rest of my schools...

Yeah, I'm about to write off NYU, Columbia and USC as well. I hate the fact that they just don't tell you that they just aren't that into you right off the bat, but instead play this waiting game. It's like going out on bad dates.