PhD applications for 2012-2013 chit chat...

TheHymenAnnihilator

Does Vandy interview for every subfield?

I believe that they do. I was at Vandy last week for interviews in my area and there were top candidates in each area brought to campus.

Cheers to "Tollelege!" I also received my acceptance and fellowship notice from BC yesterday. Any chance you'll be at ND too in a few weeks?

Interviews at both Emory and Vanderbilt? I have heard no word from either... should I go ahead and get sad? *laughs nervously*

Any word from Drew? Boston U?

Sound like everybody else is getting as nervous as I am. I'd love to know if anybody has heard anything about UVA as well? Since they had such an early submission deadline, I was hoping that they would be on the earlier side for sending out decisions.

I'm nervous, too. But we'll all be hearing from them soon enough. According to the results page, most schools roll out their decisions by around the third week of February. Although there's been movement among Duke, Emory, Notre Dame, BC, Vandy, et al., I think the real action isn't going to happen until Yale, Harvard, Princeton, and U.Chicago begin notifying their top choices because then we'll start seeing movement on the wait lists for these other schools as the top tier students begin to make their decisions. At least, that's my hope because I'm currently stuck on a wait list. :)

Edited by Lux Lex Pax

I think the real action isn't going to happen until Yale, Harvard, Princeton, and U.Chicago begin notifying their top choices . . . .

I think your right, but U. Chicago tends to notify on the later side of things, pretty close to March 1 and as late as March 7. The other three will probably contact top choices in a week or two.

No rejections yet. Interview for Boston University School of Theology via Skype. Though, it's a slightly different PhD program that probably not many here are applying to since it is housed in a seminary. (Still a PhD, though.)

No rejections yet. As was already mentioned above: http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/2012/jan/11/grad-school-divided-over-interviews/

Yale Graduate Program of Religious Studies is required this year to perform an interview before offering admission to a doctoral student. Interestingly, Dale Martin, the director of the Religious Studies program, goes on the record in the above piece about the Yale GSAS requiring interviews this year. The Religious Studies AdCom meets on Feb. 20 to confer with one another about admission.

I know that was the case with Duke who sent out official rejections (I got one), but the poster made it seem more official than a POI sending an email as was reported on the results page.

Edited by Majlin