PhD applications for 2012-2013 chit chat...

TheHymenAnnihilator

I also just got an email from Duke for the Ph.D in Religion (Early Christianity) and was rejected. I don't think I was a great fit for the department, so this decision makes perfect sense to me. Good luck to everyone who applied!

Do you know if the other subfields have made decisions as well or if they are on the same admissions timeline?

I also applied for Duke Ph.D., but I didn't hear anything yet. no email, no phone call, no nothing. What's going on?

Which subfield did you apply to? If it was NT or Early Christianity, I would assume that you are on their waitlist.

Just found out I was rejected by UNC. Happened to check my status on the online application, never received an email. This was the first decision I have received. I have also yet to hear anything from Duke.

From what I know, they've already contacted their admits in Hebrew Bible/Old Testament, New Testament, Early Christianity, and Christian Theological Studies, but I might be mistaken.

Edit: I should clarify this comment is in reference to Duke.

Edited by Lux Lex Pax

For those curious about Notre Dame, I can confirm that according to the Admin. Assistant for doctoral admissions, all of the first choice applicants have been contacted. She claims that people usually come off the waitlist, so if you haven't heard consider yourself waitlisted.

You mean if we haven't received a rejection email we are on the waitlist? Has anyone received a rejection? I would assume rejection before the waitlist otherwise...

Me too. Boo!

Did you really expect them to admit an Origenist heretic?? Harvard on the other hand... you'll be a shoe in

Edited by 11Q13

I received my acceptance letter and funding for Boston College today, as well. I am still waiting to hear on the Duke Th.D., but having one offer with a stipend is a huge relief and a cause for celebration.

Edited by Tollelege