0% Confidence of Acceptance

KU was my number one (realistically,) UCR is the only one on my list that I would consider over KU, and I don't honestly think that I will be accepted there. So I'm going to take it. I'm pretty much in love with their program and the Center for the Study of Science Fiction.

OMG my bestie got in!!!!!! I love you and hate you at the same time.

KU was my number one (realistically,) UCR is the only one on my list that I would consider over KU, and I don't honestly think that I will be accepted there. So I'm going to take it. I'm pretty much in love with their program and the Center for the Study of Science Fiction.

Congrats VWCM!!

Thanks Tripwillis! Just waitin' on lolo's acceptance now. Then it's party time--excellent! Dododododododoooo.

Oh my god, congrats!!! When I saw that post on the results page, I was crossing my fingers that it was someone here...I didn't apply to Kansas, but it seems that all who did had a rough go of it, and I've been really pulling for you all (albeit silently and lurker-style). Again, congrats!

Edited by pinkrobot

I mean, the reason I posted that was just because the way I experienced all of this was not what I expected, and I was disappointed I didn't feel the way I expected, and worse I felt guilty for not feeling more appreciative or grateful. I just wanted to say that you should just feel however you're feeling. In my experience real gratitude and thankfulness comes after you've settled in at school and the craziness is all passed. This process is like a twisted experiment and naturally produces conflicted emotions.

I just wanted to say that you should just feel however you're feeling.

This belongs in the "Sh*t people say when you're applying to grad school" thread. All of my closest family and friends have just started defaulting to this phrase.

The director of graduate admissions to KU just sent me an email saying that the denial they sent me was premature, they’ve actually decided to accept me with a 5 year TA. WTF!?!?! Can they do this? I’d give them the middle finger if I wasn’t so damn happy.

This is unbelievably awesome. I'm really happy for you! Congrats!

The director of graduate admissions to KU just sent me an email saying that the denial they sent me was premature, they’ve actually decided to accept me with a 5 year TA. WTF!?!?! Can they do this? I’d give them the middle finger if I wasn’t so damn happy.

OMG! That is genius strategy! I'm surprised all the schools don't do this. Imagine how happy all their admits would be! Not to mention, people wouldn't keep calling them in February to ask when decisions would be finalized.

womp womp. had to be the one to say it?

Had to be posted somewhere. Seriously though, I love Whitney. The first CD I ever owned was the Bodyguard soundtrack (and then Weezer's Blue Album). Sooooo many amazing pop jams.

To anyone dealing with both this and grad school rejection at the same time, I seriously feel for you.

Had to be posted somewhere. Seriously though, I love Whitney. The first CD I ever owned was the Bodyguard soundtrack (and then Weezer's Blue Album). Sooooo many amazing pop jams.

To anyone dealing with both this and grad school rejection at the same time, I seriously feel for you.

The first time I got a CD player, Weezer's Blue Album was *the* first CD I grabbed. That was shortly followed by Everclear's So Much for the Afterglow, Matchbox 20's Yourself or Someone Like You, and Third Eye Blind's Self Titled. If that doesn't scream "I grew up in the 90's" I don't know what could.

I also have not heard from ANY of the programs... and after hearing about Whitney Houston, my two Bud Platinums are about to be followed by some Tito's shots. I'm saving the Patron Silver for my rejection party. And possibly some karaoke.

My first CDs (which I got for my birthday with my first discman) were the soundtracks for Lion King, Lion King II, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. So...

I don't remember the first CD I bought for myself. Probably Britney Spears or N'Sync, but in my defense, I was 8.

It could be worse, people. I was a child of the late 80s/early 90s. My first cd's (I got all 5 at the same time I got my first cd player) were:

Will Smith's "I'm the Rapper, He's the DJ"

Kriss Kross's "All Crossed Out"

The Snow album with "Informer" on it

10,000 Maniacs' "Blind Man's Zoo"

and The Pretenders' "Last of the Independents"

While I'm still proud of my pre-teen self's musical judgement on the last two, the first three are a tad humiliating.