Fall 2012 Chemistry

mcstev13

Anyone hear back from the following schools:

Northwestern

UCLA

Cornell

?

I e-mailed UCLA and they said they are reviewing applications but decisions will not go out until late January/early February which is still a couple weeks away. There is one acceptance posted in the database but we don't know many details or why it was so early.

Received my first rejection, U Chicago :(

when did you submit your application? I'm assuming international students would get their decisions much much later. Is U Chicago the only one who gives out admission decisions via post? Even if they make the decision about my admission today, it would still take at least a month for the mail to get here. freakingg out!

when did you submit your application? I'm assuming international students would get their decisions much much later. Is U Chicago the only one who gives out admission decisions via post? Even if they make the decision about my admission today, it would still take at least a month for the mail to get here. freakingg out!

Submitted early december.

Waiting on Northwestern and UCLA. Can't wait to hear!

Same! Good luck, and maybe I'll see you there when (if, lol) we both get accepted. :P

I e-mailed UCLA and they said they are reviewing applications but decisions will not go out until late January/early February which is still a couple weeks away. There is one acceptance posted in the database but we don't know many details or why it was so early.

Sounds good!

For those (lucky!) individuals who have gotten accepted to MIT: First, congratulations! Second, are any of you going for materials/physical chemistry? I'm still holding out hope that my division (materials) hasn't me yet... :(

same concern. It seems to me that physical chemistry is usually later for sending out admissions from last year's result.

Does anyone know how many acceptances does MIT offer for chemistry by year (aprox)? Also, for the ones who have been admited at MIT via email, was it an email from a professor or directly from the school? Thanks!

Does anyone know how many acceptances does MIT offer for chemistry by year (aprox)? Also, for the ones who have been admited at MIT via email, was it an email from a professor or directly from the school? Thanks!

No idea about the number of admits, but my email was from the chem dept in general, specifically, Lynn Marie Guthrie.

Edited by mcstev13

Those who have heard from Caltech, did any of you apply to theoretical chemistry? Any internationals?

I'm the one who posted it as an international student. I'm applying for (experimental) physical chemistry. no idea about theoreticals..

Thanks everyone! I haven't heard from any schools yet :(. Hope for good news next week :(. Indeed Berkeley seems slow this year...

If you applied to a lot of UC's, then don't worry! They usually take a long-ass time (except for SD; who are quite prompt!) Usually last week of Jan. through Feb. is when they start going out. (Or at least that's what it feels like)

If you applied to a lot of UC's, then don't worry! They usually take a long-ass time (except for SD; who are quite prompt!) Usually last week of Jan. through Feb. is when they start going out. (Or at least that's what it feels like)

Did you hear from UCSD?

I just submitted my application to UCSD at Jan 9 and have no idea when I would receive the decision. Btw, the original deadline of UCSD was Jan 11 but I noticed that it was recently changed to Jan 18. Anyone know what happens? Thanks.

Did you hear from UCSD?

I just submitted my application to UCSD at Jan 9 and have no idea when I would receive the decision. Btw, the original deadline of UCSD was Jan 11 but I noticed that it was recently changed to Jan 18. Anyone know what happens? Thanks.

I was accepted to UCSD on January 12 via e-mail. I'm in organic chemistry.

It looks like someone else got an interview with CCB by email on the 11th. Maybe they're spreading things out this year.

i think the interview was for harvard's chemical biology program, which is different than their chemistry and chemical biology program (that doesn't do interviews as far as I know of)

The only UCSD updates I see in the database this year are about interviews, not acceptances (I didn't think chemistry did interviews so I actually thought they were for biochemistry instead). Were you accepted after an interview? I haven't heard back at all and I'm in Physical/Organic Chemistry; I'm curious about where my place is right now.

In other news, Northwestern seems to be making acceptances now! I saw one in the database yesterday and I got an acceptance by e-mail from a PI today! So excited, they are one of my top choices!

Congratulation! I am wondering when you submitted you application and if you was interviewed? I am in Analytical and atmospheric chemsitry..

Did you hear from UCSD?

Yeah, I got an e-mail Jan 12, but I submitted my application in mid-December. I think they read them chronologically, so you get accepted like that.