Fall 2012 Chemistry

mcstev13

My Northwestern app does not have any decision on it yet. Hopefully that still means I have a chance!

What fields are you in? I'm hoping since you got into UCSD, I will, since I heard back from Northwestern... anxiously awaiting UCSD

congratulations!

Thanks. Given that my POI told them I need the letter right now (because I have another deadline), the admission letter is attached in a reply email from Jeff (I sent him an email to inquiry my status several days ago). So I think they probably didnt send out (or malke) all final decision together. Good luck to you.

I received my rejection email over the weekend. Still havent heard from Columbia tho.

I also received a rejection from MIT the day before yesterday. Recently I received an email from Columbia telling me that I am on the waiting list.

Edited by flcz

Does anyone know anything about Cornell? If you search at the results here, there just a few acceptances, and the first visiting days are coming soon (March 2-4), so I don't know what's going on!! :( thanks!

I was accepted Feb. 12, and they used the words 'early admit', so who knows, heh. I thought more people would have applied there!

I was accepted Feb. 12, and they used the words 'early admit', so who knows, heh. I thought more people would have applied there!

Hey, thanks!! That's good (great) to know... and yeah.. who knows.. Congratulations on your acceptance there by the way!

I also received a rejection from MIT the day before yesterday. Recently I received an email from Columbia telling me that I am on the waiting list.

Did you inquire about your status at Columbia? Or they just emailed you?

I'm trying to write down my experiences at each of the visits to kind of compare/contrast schools. does anyone have any tips on what to keep in mind? so far I have faculty, campus, public transportation, people, and housing, offer, and cost of living.

I'm trying to write down my experiences at each of the visits to kind of compare/contrast schools. does anyone have any tips on what to keep in mind? so far I have faculty, campus, public transportation, people, and housing, offer, and cost of living.

there's a thread specifically about this within the chemistry forum. there's some pretty good advice there.

Has anyone heard anything from UCSB chemistry? I saw one acceptance in the results search in late January but no other results.

Also curious to hear if anyone applied for a MS at UCSD that has heard back...I got my Thesis Agreement form signed. Does that increase my chances significantly?