Fall 2012 Chemistry

mcstev13

I called Northwestern and they said that they are still reviewing a couple of applications but there are very few acceptances left to send out.

Hey yesnwp, I'm wondering if you're international or domestic applicant? I'm still waiting to hear back from Northwestern too. It's said on the website that Int' students should hear back in March, and for dosmetic students, everything is finalized by Feb. In fact, I know they have already done setting up the visitation weekend, which means they already have the list of whom they want to get in !!!.......

I chose the hotel as well. I decided to take the train up, figure that beats driving and it's only $37 roundtrip..which they reimburse anyway.

Sweet, Just got accepted to MSE program. Will also be there March 2nd. I'm Excited!!!

Did anyone else apply to/has anyone been accepted to the University of Rochester?

I did. I am an international candidate, and they are saying:

"Review of international applications will begin in early spring. You will be notified of any admissions decisions as soon as they are available."

If anybody is wondering about UM-Ann Arbor, this is what they told me just now via email:

"The first round of interviews have been sent out already. We may be going through some additional applications within the next few weeks and we will let you know our decision as soon as possible."

As I have a close deadline for other scholarship application, I sent a mail to my POI in UCSD and was told that I am going to be accepted soon. As i told them i can find other funding to support my study, I guess it is just an admission without any financial support. It seems like that the admission committee are busy with something and thus they haven't sent out the final decision yet. So I think there is still hope if you haven't heard from them. Good luck to everyone.

FYI to Northwestern applicants who haven't heard anything yet - I just checked my application status on the website and there was a link to a decision finally (wasn't there yesterday). Rejection, but still nice to get a definitive decision