New GRE Test Scores are up.

kolja00

If you have a confirmation email, it's on there. That's the only way I found mine, but my diagnostic isn't available yet.

Edit: I guess my diagnostic is available.

Q169 (98%): First Section: All correct; Second Section: Missed 1 L5 Geometry

V167 (98%): First Section: Missed 1 L3 Text Completion; Second Section: Missed 1 L5 Sentence Equivalence, 2 L4 Text Completion

Is it that 16 digit Confirmation number? I tried that and it didn't seem to work. Maybe mine isn't available yet? I tested at the end of August.

Is it that 16 digit Confirmation number? I tried that and it didn't seem to work. Maybe mine isn't available yet? I tested at the end of August.

Oh, you're right! The email is a 16 digit confirmation number that is irrelevant. The registration number is from mygre.ets.org when you 'View Scores Online.' Mine is a 7 digit number with no leading zeroes.

DAMN that diagnostic is harsh! I got six verbal questions wrong on the entire exam, and I still only get a 164/670? That seems weird! Standardized testing makes no sense.

Oh, you're right! The email is a 16 digit confirmation number that is irrelevant. The registration number is from mygre.ets.org when you 'View Scores Online.' Mine is a 7 digit number with no leading zeroes.

OK, I got the number now. Somehow I missed it when I looked at that page before.

Edited by eomentl

Took the test on Nov 9 and scores were just posted (expected release date was Dec 1) - looks like ETS is now on schedule.

V: 159 (84%)

Q: 153 (65%)

AW: 4.0 (48%)

Scores matched exactly to the preliminary scores reported at the end of the test.

D

Edited by phetish

Got my scores today (took the PBT on Oct 22):

V - 151 - (51%)

Q - 163 - (88%)

AW - 4.0 (48%)

I am applying to MA Economics / MS Applied Economics, hope the score is ok for that. I am a little disappointed with the Quantitative score, as I already have a MS in engneering and math has always been my strength. Also, I am surprised about the Verbal score because English is my second language and I found the verbal section extremely hard :)

Just got back, you now receive your actual score rather than range upon completion.

V - 163 (93%)

Q - 158 (79%)

So I was a little disappointed in the quant score since I had been dominating my practice exams. But I just checked ETS' concordance table, and a 158 is equivalent to a 740 on the previous scale score. Normally I'd be ecstatic about that! It's just the 79% that has me concerned, I'm not sure what an adcomm is gonna focus on more. But overall I'm quite happy - I'm applying to International Relations masters programs, with SIPA as my top choice, and this score certainly shouldn't hurt me.

Feels great to be done, good luck to all!

First post here since I was stalking these forums like mad before I took the test/received my scores, for the benefit of those who are doing what I did. My V and Q ones were the exact same as what showed up on my screen after having taken the test Nov...19? Maybe? I've lost track of time.

V 169 (99th percentile) - 3 questions wrong (1st section: 1 level 3; 2nd section: 1 level 3, 1 level 4)

Q 161 (86th percentile) - 7 questions wrong (1st section: 1 level 2, 1 level 3, 1 level 4 - ugh!!; 2nd section: 2 level 4, 2 level 5)

AW 6 (99th percentile)

My advice: Q was always my strongest section in ptests, but I started freaking out on the actual test because the questions in the 2nd and 3rd sections seemed *SO* much easier than the ones that I had been studying - so I was stressing the entire time that I had failed the test, instead of fully focusing on the task at hand. Don't let that happen to you! Good luck to everyone taking it in the future and congrats to everyone else for finishing!

HDPFDan - totally get what you're feeling with the Quant. I was super disappointed with my score until I realized it's a 770 - which I would be really happy with otherwise!

Yeah, I'm lucky that I have access to some admissions staff perspective, through a family member who directs a masters program. I was told my scores are competitive (while not super-outstanding) to apply to top programs. And congrats coonskee, those scores are awesome!

Took the test on 22/10/2011 (paper based)

Q: 163 (88% = shit)

V: 151 (51% = shit)

AWA: 4.5 (72%)

I am screwed up, no engineering college will accept me with that law Q score. Shit.

Maybe consider wording things like this post slightly differently in the future, as calling those scores shit could be quite offensive for many people who would be very happy with them.

Yeah, I'm lucky that I have access to some admissions staff perspective, through a family member who directs a masters program. I was told my scores are competitive (while not super-outstanding) to apply to top programs. And congrats coonskee, those scores are awesome!

Thanks! :)

Can anyone give me an idea of what time during the day scores become available online? Midnight, noon, 11:59 pm? Mine are supposed to go up Thursday, and I'm in South Africa and hopping a flight back to the US Thursday evening and am really hoping my scores are up before I leave. Otherwise I'll just obsess while on the plane.

shans99 and others who were supposed to get the scores today (Dec 8th), are your scores available online? Mine aren't (I gave the exam on Nov 24th) and I was wondering if anyone else has got them. I am not looking forward to seeing my AWA scores (did not have the time to check my essays), but what must be done, must be done.

Edited by mistralesque

No scores yet. I guess this means it can be as late as Monday! I really hope they are able to release it before the Dec 15 deadlines, so we can submit a complete application form. What I don't get is that it looks as if they have sent the scores to the Univs already (mine was sent on Dec 2nd)- so what IS the big deal in updating it online onto our accounts?

shans99 and others who were supposed to get the scores today (Dec 8th), are your scores available online? Mine aren't (I gave the exam on Nov 24th) and I was wondering if anyone else has got them. I am not looking forward to seeing my AWA scores (did not have the time to check my essays), but what must be done, must be done.

I think mine finally went up on the 10th.

My scores finally went up today (I took it Nov. 30th):

V: 158, 79th percentile.

Q: 151, 56th percentile.

4.5 for the writing.

I'm applying to Boston College for a masters degree in special ed...most education programs don't require the GRE, so I'm hoping Boston doesn't care too much....especially since I have a 3.95 GPA. I'm crossing my fingers that my GPA counts more. :unsure:

Any other Nov. 30th takers out there?

• 2 weeks later...

Are people still able to get their scores into their schools of choice? Mine came in maybe a week or two before the deadline, and that was after me taking it in the beginning of September. Of course I was still wating on the official scores in Novermber.

Retook today, got the exact same score I got the first time LOL. 162V 160Q. (5.5 AW first time I took it, didn't retake AW). I was really hoping to improve on the quantitative, but I really messed up the first section and the second one was so ridiculously easy, I was done with it with 10 minutes to spare and was convinced it was the experimental one until I saw a third verbal section and facepalmed haha. I hate how the test is section adaptive, that just enhances the element of luck. I messed up one Q section pretty badly (I'm guessing 7 or so mistakes since I had none for sure on the second and got a 160) which I don't normally do, and as a result the second section was way below my ability, so even though I got every question right there it didn't count as much because of the low difficulty of the questions obviously, so in a way I got double screwed. The old test was more fair in that regard. But anyways, enough whining, I'm happy with what I got, at least I won't have to resend scores to all my schools. Hopefully that score is high enough to get me into a decent MPP program, but I can forget about HKS haha.