New GRE Test Scores are up.

kolja00

I just checked my ETS account and my new GRE scores are up from the new test. Percentiles are a bit lower than what was given as my estimate.

Verbal Estimate 700 (97)-800(99)--> 163 (93rd percent)

Math Estimate: 750 (83)-800 (94) --> 159 (82nd percent)

AW: 5.5 (96th percent)

Edited by kolja00

HOLY SHIT. Thank you for this. I literally checked like an hour ago, too! My percentiles were a little lower than I was expecting, too. Meh.

Verbal estimate 750-800 --> 167 (98th %)

Math estimate 680-780 --> 155 (69th % ...tee hee)

AW 5.5 (96th%)

Wow.

Took mine on August 8, estimated scores 750-800 Q, 750-800 V. Monitored this forum like a hawk because I couldn't honestly believe my score estimates.

Scores:

V: 169 (99th percentile), Q: 167 (95th percentile), W: 5.0 (87th percentile)

I hope I get in to my freaking evolutionary psych program at UCSB or UPenn. :D!!!

Hi everyone. I just thought I would add to the pool of data. I took mine the week of August 22nd.

Verbal

Estimate: 720-800 (98-99th)

Actual: 167 (98th)

Quantitative

Estimate: 750-800 (~83-94th)

Actual: 163 (88th)

And we don't talk about my writing score...

On the whole, though, it seems like the new system does what it is intended to do--expand the range of scores at the top of the quantitative and shrink the range at the top of the verbal.

Edited by sengpatt

I tested on 9/01. The ranges I was given on the day were Q: 720-800 V: 700-800

My actual scores were Q: 158 (79th) V: 164 (94th) W: 4.5 (72nd) !!!!!

I really couldn't understand how my verbal range was so bad on the day. Now it's even lower; that score equates with a 660/670 on the prior scale. And the writing score...

I really don't want to have to re-sit this thing.

Tested on 9/3

My range when I took the test was V740-800 and Q740-800

Verbal 167 (98%)

Quant 160 (84%)

So I was expecting a bit higher on my quant based on those, but whatever. This is still in the middle to high ranges of all the schools that I am applying to. I think that all the later testing might be altering what people are getting to the lower ranges for those of us who took it earlier.

I took my test on August 8th (US).

Verbal

Given Estimate (650-750)

Score: 161 (89%)

Math

Given Estimate (640-740)

Score: 155 (69%)

Essay

Given Estimate: None

Score: 5.0 (87%)

I didn't study much because I'm horrible at studying, so with that in mind my scores are not that bad ^_^ But I'm horrible at math and this is reflected in my Math score ;/ My program is Asian Studies/Policy Studies so hopefully math doesn't count that much >.< DOOOMM but a happy doom. The only problem is that my scores aren't like.. PERFECT (which means I could be really confident in my applications) and they aren't BAD (which means I could just give up and drink a milkshake instead).

So no help from my gre scores XD

Man. It looks like everyone's is lower than the lowest number in the estimated rank. This is not good. I can not get lower than the lowest number in my range.....

That's not true. The information so far indicates that there is a lot of heterogeneity within the range and that indeed you can receive a percentile score below the equivalent of the lowest score in your range.

Yuck! This is terrible news. Thank goodness I made sure to register for a second test date later this month. I have a bad feeling that my Q score will be dismal. I guess I'll continue with the retest if it is below 85th percentile.

Verbal: Estimated 750-800/Real 168 (98th Percentile)

Math: Estimated 750-800/Real 162 (87th Percentile)

Writing: 5.5 (96th Percentile)

Took the test in late August.

I remember reading that our score reports would include figures according to the prior format to help ease the transition to the new format. Does anyone know how our scores will be represented according to the old scale? Will they use the estimates we received upon completion of the test, or will they include exact scores rather than a range of scores?

Edited by Robosagogo

So has anyone thought about what the cutoffs may be with this new scale. On the old scale, you needed >1200. For the new scale is it safe to say that you need >150 in each section?

I don't know about those, but I assume that it follows that sort of patten.

In a similar vein, I am assuming that if the schools were looking at percentiles in the past, they will be looking at percentiles now. I am wondering if people think that they will change them based on the new test?

Verbal

Given Estimate (510-610)

Score: 154 (64%)

Math

Given Estimate (680-780)

Score: 154 (67%)

Essay

Score: 4.5 (72%)

Both my V & Q scores were on the lowest end of my estimated percentiles. I took the test 8/17.

Edited by Rachel B

So has anyone thought about what the cutoffs may be with this new scale. On the old scale, you needed >1200. For the new scale is it safe to say that you need >150 in each section?

You mean the cutoff for certain programs? I was told by a program director that they were expecting 300 to be the new 1000. Which I now find hard to believe consider 500 and 500 were both rather low percentiles on the old scale. Any thoughts?

Verbal

Given Estimate (710-800)

Score: 165 (96%)

Math

Forgot Estimate

Score: 156 (74%)

Essay

Score: 4.0 (48%) ouch, I thought I did really well.

Should I get a rescore for my writing? I'm applying to PhD programs in history and I hear the weight of AW varies considerably program to program

That's not true. The information so far indicates that there is a lot of heterogeneity within the range and that indeed you can receive a percentile score below the equivalent of the lowest score in your range.

What I'm saying is that the lowest number in the range I was given was too low for me to be competitive, so I was hoping to be a bit higher than that lowest number. However, pretty much every single person on here, when you check the conversion chart, actually got percentages lower than the old scale equivalent range. This means I am most likely, according to what people have posted so far, going to get the lowest percentage or even lower than I was projected.