New GRE Test Scores are up.

kolja00

Was not expecting to get the low end of both my ranges. I'm applying for PhD programs in political science. Should I take it again?

while i'm no expert, i'd wager that depends mostly on your other application factors. with a strong gpa, recs, and statement of purpose, your scores should be perfectly fine. the other thing i'd consider is whether quantitative skills will be relevant for your research area. if so, it might be worth considering, but i'd recommend shooting an email to an admission's rep at a few schools of choice and see if they would be likely to factor it in. (though, strong performance in math, statistics, or logic oriented courses in undergrad could easily offset your score). you could also use this as an opportunity to acknowledge a potential weakness and explain how you're prepared to improve between now a dissertation day. after all, they don't want to hear about why you're perfect, because they know you're not. for a phd, they are foremost concerned with your compatibility with the specific program and the type of student you are. just my two cents.

Question for people who don't have their scores yet:

When you go into your GRE account, does it give you an option "View Scores" or not?

My account does give me that option, but when I click on it, it says, "Your request could not be completed." I am trying to figure out if this is because my scores are not yet available, or if there is some reason they are not showing up.

I contacted GRE, and they basically said that the date for scores to become available is November 8th.

I took the test on October 4.

Verbal Estimate: 750-800

Actual Verbal: 167 (98th percentile)

Quantitative Estimate: 700-800 (I think)

Actual Quantitative: 165 (93rd percentile)

Actual Writing: 6.0 (99th percentile)

I'm pretty pleased, but I wish my quant score were a little better. I would be thrilled with the scores if I were applying to a humanities program, but since I'm trying to do IR, I'm wishing it were in the same area as my other two.

I took the test on October 4.

Verbal Estimate: 750-800

Actual Verbal: 167 (98th percentile)

Quantitative Estimate: 700-800 (I think)

Actual Quantitative: 165 (93rd percentile)

Actual Writing: 6.0 (99th percentile)

I'm pretty pleased, but I wish my quant score were a little better. I would be thrilled with the scores if I were applying to a humanities program, but since I'm trying to do IR, I'm wishing it were in the same area as my other two.

Interesting that you're in the third batch and already have your scores. What are you up to, ETS!

Interesting that you're in the third batch and already have your scores. What are you up to, ETS!

Oops. I mixed up the date I took the GRE with the date I took the Foreign Service Test. I took the GRE on August 30. Sorry for the confusion!

took Sept 23:

V: 161 (projected 610-710), 89th%

Q: 144 (projected 460-560). 26th% (ouch!)

Essay: 5.5, 96th%

I think I'm happy with the V and the E but the Q is pretty bad. However, I'm applying to History PhD programs and I've heard that my quant should not matter at all - I have good recs, a great statement of purpose, and a solid writing sample. Any thoughts? Should I take this again or accept that I'm as bad at math as I always was - no, worse.

Verbal: 164, 94% range of 690-790

Quant: 157, 77% range of 700-800

AW: 6.0, 99%

I took the test on 9/17.

I'm pleased with my verbal score, shocked about my AW score (I wrote about Freakonomics and the Immortal LIfe of Henrietta Lacks, I guess they liked that!), and annoyed by my quant score. I studied really hard! I know it's not a bad score and that overall I did well, but I think the 700-800 range gave me some false confidence. Shoulda realized I would be outshined by you mathies :)

I'm assuming that third-batch takers (scores to be released Nov. 17th) should be looking for scores Friday, provided the 6-day early release trend continues? Do we have any reason to think that they would be out sometime sooner?

I'm assuming that third-batch takers (scores to be released Nov. 17th) should be looking for scores Friday, provided the 6-day early release trend continues? Do we have any reason to think that they would be out sometime sooner?

I just joined up today, but I've been lurking around here for a few months now. I will say that I'm a third-batcher and that this morning when I checked for my score everything was blank just as expected, but when I checked a couple of minutes ago the schools that I sent scores to showed up. I don't know if that means anything, but there it is.

I just joined up today, but I've been lurking around here for a few months now. I will say that I'm a third-batcher and that this morning when I checked for my score everything was blank just as expected, but when I checked a couple of minutes ago the schools that I sent scores to showed up. I don't know if that means anything, but there it is.

Mine changed as well, good catch!

My scores are due on the 17th of Nov as well..I keep visiting mygre and this page like my life depends on it.. :)..

I tabulated all the results available in these posts to get an estimate of what my scores would be.. My projected scores were Q: 750-800 and V:630-730..The quant scores could be anywhere between 159 - 170 (82% - 99%) and the verbal score could be between 159-161 (84%-89%)..

I'm applying to PhD programs in atmospheric science, so I'm worried about my quant scores more than the verbal. All the best to everyone who's waiting.. :)

Has anyone received scores in the mail yet? If so, is there more information on the mailed score reports (e.g., questions answered incorrectly)?

I received my official score report in the mail today. Unfortunately it's the same exact information they give online.

Not sure what that means. Mine showed up today. I took mine on 10/28 and shouldn't have my scores until Dec 1st. I'd be super excited to get them sooner than that.

Edited by zea mays

Not sure what that means. Mine showed up today. I took mine on 10/28 and shouldn't have my scores until Dec 1st. I'd be super excited to get them sooner than that.

Yours are up online? Mine still are "absent or not available" and I took them 10/5! aaaaah