Who's Applying for Fall 2012? Where are you Applying?

litjust

I finally heard from University of Washington this evening (good news!). Anyone else? Or are they rolling this out slowly?

How did you hear? I'm still waiting for a decision!

I got an email with all the info (including my assigned advisor -- the POI I mentioned in my SOP) around 6 pm today.

Are you going to the invite weekend? Kind of short notice... lucky I'm on the west coast.

Are you going to the invite weekend? Kind of short notice... lucky I'm on the west coast.

Seriously, right? That's only a few weeks away. Unless I can magically find a cheap flight from NYC, I'll probably have to sit it out.

I can put up a couple of people coming into town for the UW visitation event at my collective- we are one bus away from UW.

I'm also more than happy to show people around town, or answer any questions you may have about the UW. My wife and I are happy to orient new folks to Seattle. :)

-J

Not sure how reliable their information is re:tuition but according to the new U.S. News rankings, Vanderbilt's tuition is going up by more than $400 per credit. :wacko: And I already thought I couldn't afford it without taking out massive loans!

@hitomimay

Do you miss a lot of info not having a subscription?

Also, anyone interested in creating a GC Education 2011-2012 App cycle? Just love all of ya and think it would be great to stay in touch. Just a thought.....

This link goes to the sign in page. Do you have a subscription? What extra info do you get? Vandy is still #1, huh?

The overall Education rankings are freely available. The subscription provides extra info such as average GRE scores and acceptance rates, as well as the specialty rankings. Screenshots are probably frowned upon due to copyright issues, but let me know if anyone wants specialty rankings.

Like what im_blue said, I don't feel too comfy doing screen shots, but if you wanna know anything beyond the regular rankings, PM me. :D

I also have premium access (I need it for my job ... although not the education rankings specifically). If you're interested in a particular school, you may PM me as well.

In other news, I was admitted to Columbia today and managed to go 5 for 5 for my application cycle. [squee!]

I also have premium access (I need it for my job ... although not the education rankings specifically). If you're interested in a particular school, you may PM me as well.

In other news, I was admitted to Columbia today and managed to go 5 for 5 for my application cycle. [squee!]

That's terrific. Good luck making your decision!

Congrats Revo! That's stellar!

abr2116, does this mean it's Arizona for sure? Or are you banking on any waitlisted schools? I want you with me at USC lol. :D I'm partial, I know. :D

I'm jealous that you're on Spring Break. 3 more weeks for us! Come on April 6... come on.... ><'' The next three months are killing me. Summer needs to come faster.

As a 2nd year teacher, a representative from UofM came to observe my classroom today. Afterwards, he asked me what my plans were for the following year. Upon telling him I was going to do my doctorates at USC, he responded with a "Oh, you know, that's funny. I recently saw a list of the top 10 Education programs, on no, I meant top 20 programs, UC Berkeley and UCLA were on there, and of course Michigan was there too, but USC wasn't on the list."

My mental thought process:

A. What list were you looking at again?

B. Check the list again.

He then left my classroom saying "Have fun in grad school! Well, not so much fun with all the loans you'll have to take out."

My immediate response: "Oh, I have an incredible financial package, free ride to college and an amazing stipend. So yes, I will have tons of fun in grad school." (Cue double fist pump in the air!)

He left my classroom thinking I'm nuts. Heh... =.=''

Edited by hitomimay