Who's Applying for Fall 2012? Where are you Applying?

litjust

Got the email from UCLA this morning. Ughhhh.... I really wanted UCLA.

:( *e-hug*

But sending out positive thoughts for Harvard for you.

:huh: Sorry to hear that. Sending you some virtual chocolate and wine...

:( *e-hug*

But sending out positive thoughts for Harvard for you.

Ain't no thang. We're getting in Harvard anyway... Ya know?

I love you guys!!!!!! <3

Thank you... :)

:( FutureEdStudent12, I'm sure things will work out for you soon, and you'll be really happy wherever you end up going.

Thank you! You too!

You are all so wonderful :D

I finally heard back from Penn today and I was accepted!!! Thanks to everyone for the kind words when I was on edge waiting! I'm elated right now!!

Awesome! What a nice way to start the week. :)

Has anyone who applied to the PhD in international education development at NYU hear any good news?

I saw several rejections in the results survey. Did you guys email them to find out the answer? Thanks!

Thanks! Will drop in an email!

Even I haven't heard from them since I applied. Did say anything about when they'd start sending out decisions?

On the website it says decisions are mailed in mid- to late March...

Hurray, TexanLex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happppyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Yipppeeee!

Let's keep up the positive news. We're on a roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited for everyone that got into their programs! Hopefully Harvard puts you all out of your misery soon! I applied to Vanderbilt, Ohio State, Indiana Bloomington, Brown, and Dayton. The only school I am waiting to hear back from is Brown- the rest were all positive, thankfully! I am not waiting on Harvard (too expensive for me!) but I wish you all the best!

Just got word I'm on the wait list for an Ed.D program at PennGSE. Definitely have mixed feelings: on one hand, there's the optimism of feeling like someone could turn down their offer and I could still attend; on the other hand, I'd almost rather a flatout rejection than two more months of nervous waiting. It's the only school I applied to this year, so I don't have other offers to occupy my attention in the meantime either. Ugh.

I completely understand the agony. But really, it's only another month and a half, so it'll fly by quickly. :)

I've been accepted to UNC Chapel Hill guys! It's a PhD in Education: Culture, Curriculum, and Change. No word on funding yet, so fingers crossed.

Also, called Vanderbilt, and they said first round of offers for the Teaching and Learning PhD have gone out, so if anyone is waiting on that, we won't hear from them till April.

I completely understand the agony. But really, it's only another month and a half, so it'll fly by quickly. :)

I've been accepted to UNC Chapel Hill guys! It's a PhD in Education: Culture, Curriculum, and Change. No word on funding yet, so fingers crossed.

Also, called Vanderbilt, and they said first round of offers for the Teaching and Learning PhD have gone out, so if anyone is waiting on that, we won't hear from them till April.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like we are on Day 2 of the good news parade!

So excited for everyone that got into their programs! Hopefully Harvard puts you all out of your misery soon! I applied to Vanderbilt, Ohio State, Indiana Bloomington, Brown, and Dayton. The only school I am waiting to hear back from is Brown- the rest were all positive, thankfully! I am not waiting on Harvard (too expensiUve for me!) but I wish you all the best!

Congrats on your recent acceptances!

Just got word I'm on the wait list for an Ed.D program at PennGSE. Definitely have mixed feelings: on one hand, there's the optimism of feeling like someone could turn down their offer and I could still attend; on the other hand, I'd almost rather a flatout rejection than two more months of nervous waiting. It's the only school I applied to this year, so I don't have other offers to occupy my attention in the meantime either. Ugh.

Congrats! There's still hope!!! Fingers crossed!

Visited the University of Arizona over the weekend & must say that I was really impressed. The faculty is really an impressive group of people, weather is great, quality program, great facilities, affordable living, etc. Originally I viewed the UofA as a fall back option but now I'm quite sure I will choose them over USC/Michigan. Interesting how a visit can change your perspective.

I'm looking for some advice and frankness/bluntness is much appreciated. I'm on the fence about which MA/M.Ed to attend this coming summer/fall. I was accepted to TC as well as Lewis and Clark Graduate School for Ed. (in Portland, Oregon) and anticipate being accepted into HGSE for Teaching English/Language Arts at the secondary level. I want to work on the West Coast -- ideally in the Portland, Seattle, or Western Montana and Wyoming areas -- but am unsure what a grad degree from Harvard/Columbia will really do for me out here. At the moment I'm open to teaching for a few years and returning to school for a PhD or Ed.D but not set on it and think it may be a better idea-- jobwise anyhow -- to attend Lewis and Clark. They have great relationships with school districts near me and are well regarded in the NW. Has anyone else gone to TC or HGSE and taught out here? Are their alumni and school support networks that far reaching? Is it worth it?

Additionally, I'm 24 and can afford HGSE or Columbia thanks to some helpful grandparents, so debt isn't a big issue.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Both my siblings went to Lewis & Clark for their MATs, and both are now teaching in Oregon. I would suggest that since your goal is so specific, contact the programs you are looking at to find out a) what is the geographic representation of where their alumni are now, b ) how strong is the alumni network in the PNW, and c) how many of their alumni go on for higher degrees later on. As you point out, L&C has a great relationship with school districts in the area and are well regarded in the PNW, so really it's finding out what that means if you were coming from another school...

Good luck!

Edited by gigglingone