Who's Applying for Fall 2012? Where are you Applying?

litjust

echolikebells, when/how did you hear from Brown, did they send you an email notification first? I am still waiting dead silence....

Hope this go-round is a good one, Waiting on everything. Keep reading all the posts and results, had to finally chime in. Keeping fingers/toes/eyes crossed at this point....Good luck to all, and may we all hear soon

echolikebells, when/how did you hear from Brown, did they send you an email notification first? I am still waiting dead silence....

Hope this go-round is a good one, Waiting on everything. Keep reading all the posts and results, had to finally chime in. Keeping fingers/toes/eyes crossed at this point....Good luck to all, and may we all hear soon

They did send me an email through the Embark system that I could log on and view my decision at the same place I did my online application. The email says they never send admission decisions via email, only the notification that there IS a decision. Just try logging on to Embark and see if it says a decision has been made!

echolikebells, my gre scores were not as high as you on verbal and my writing was only 4.5, maybe that is why I have radio silence........, I'll keep logging on, still keeping hopes up. Good luck to all, and congrats echolikebells on ALL your acceptances, wow!!

Thanks for letting me know to check Brown's embark app. I didn't get an email from them, but I just went and checked manually. Got in! Relief, relief, relief!! One of my top choices. Congrats to everyone else with good news! I didn't think this day would ever get here. lol...

^_^

I'm looking for some advice and frankness/bluntness is much appreciated. I'm on the fence about which MA/M.Ed to attend this coming summer/fall. I was accepted to TC as well as Lewis and Clark Graduate School for Ed. (in Portland, Oregon) and anticipate being accepted into HGSE for Teaching English/Language Arts at the secondary level. I want to work on the West Coast -- ideally in the Portland, Seattle, or Western Montana and Wyoming areas -- but am unsure what a grad degree from Harvard/Columbia will really do for me out here. At the moment I'm open to teaching for a few years and returning to school for a PhD or Ed.D but not set on it and think it may be a better idea-- jobwise anyhow -- to attend Lewis and Clark. They have great relationships with school districts near me and are well regarded in the NW. Has anyone else gone to TC or HGSE and taught out here? Are their alumni and school support networks that far reaching? Is it worth it?

Additionally, I'm 24 and can afford HGSE or Columbia thanks to some helpful grandparents, so debt isn't a big issue.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

LC undergrad here. LC is a great school & area and I will always be a huge supporter of it. However, it really depends on what you're trying to do & how ambitious you are.

You could goto LC and always have tons of respect in the area, and be well connected. The same could be said of going to Columbia or Harvard.. but you might have to network a bit more to get a job after you graduate. That being said, the prestige value of Columbia/Harvard will probably serve you better in the long run than LC..

Finished packing. Headed to airport after-school with a direct flight from Detroit to Los Angeles. USC Campus Visit, here I come! So excited!!! Wheeeeeee!!!

Finished packing. Headed to airport after-school with a direct flight from Detroit to Los Angeles. USC Campus Visit, here I come! So excited!!! Wheeeeeee!!!

Awesome! Have fun hitomimay! And tell us all about it when you're back!

Have fun!! You deserve it!! Go USC!

Safe travels and have fun!!!

Only an hour in LA, and already spoiled rotten. Incredible surprise welcome package waiting for me at the hotel with personal hand written notes, and never though i would say this but... sharing an elevator with really hot educated boys in three piece suits. Eeeeee, I think I'm going to love grad school! Lol

@ hitomimay -- welcome to our fair city! I hope it treats you well.

So, I see a few (2) HGSE MA decisions on the notice board... anyone heard good news?

I had a plesant surprize of getting a revised offer letter yestereday (without any prodding or negotiation) from UCI that offered me a "recruitment bonus" of an extra 5K for the first year! :) I still plan to negotiate with them -- if UCSB ever gets me funding information -- but that was a great Wednesday treat! :)

So, I see a few (2) HGSE MA decisions on the notice board... anyone heard good news?

I had a plesant surprize of getting a revised offer letter yestereday (without any prodding or negotiation) from UCI that offered me a "recruitment bonus" of an extra 5K for the first year! :) I still plan to negotiate with them -- if UCSB ever gets me funding information -- but that was a great Wednesday treat! :)

That's awesome!

Welcome to SoCal hitomimay! :)

That's so cool! Congratulations!

Congrats! That's wonderful news!

Thanks all! :) It feels like the universe is telling me to be happy with UCI -- because it's a great school and they clearly want me there -- to stop moping about the USC rejection and just get on with it.

Also, FYI, since I'm rejecting UCR and UCSB in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully that means a spot for someone else at both schools!

Good luck to those of you still waiting and making decisions!

Thanks all! :) It feels like the universe is telling me to be happy with UCI -- because it's a great school and they clearly want me there -- to stop moping about the USC rejection and just get on with it.

Also, FYI, since I'm rejecting UCR and UCSB in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully that means a spot for someone else at both schools!

Good luck to those of you still waiting and making decisions!

Congrats on the UCI funding!