Who's Applying for Fall 2012? Where are you Applying?

litjust

Hi all,

I have been reading through this forum for some time... I have noticed that there have been several acceptances to Vanderbilt's Education Leadership Policy And Organizations Ph.D. program, and one for the ExpERT program as well... but I haven't heard anyone talk about these programs specifically on the forum? Just wondering who has heard from Vanderbilt for the Ph.D. program in these areas and, if so, were y'all invited to an interview weekend?

I've PMed you!

It was weird how I was notified. I received an email inviting me to the open house yesterday and was like this is a mistake, let me email the coordinator. They emailed me today confirming I did get in, when I got home from work, small envelope with final decision. I have gotten funding but no word on a TA or GA position yet. I am emailing my advisor right now to begin this discussion. My decision online has not changed.

The PhD or the Masters programme?

PhD in International Ed. I have no sense of their MS decisions. Judging by their lack of communication, it may be worth emailing. I used an offer of admissions from somewhere else as an excuse to email them in hopes of not sounding annoying.

Edited by applicantseeksPhD

PhD in International Ed. I have no sense of their MS decisions. Judging by their lack of communication, it may be worth emailing. I used an offer of admissions from somewhere else as an excuse to email them in hopes of not sounding annoying.

Thanks for letting us know! I emailed the generic admission email address and they just told me that admission decisions are being made. They didn't even contact me once after I submitted the application.

I saw on the results page that someone received a phone call about acceptance into NYU's Sociology of Education program. Has anyone else on here heard / not heard from them?

I applied to the Master of Arts program in Digital Media Design for Learning. No word yet!

Thanks! Will drop in an email!

Thanks for letting us know! I emailed the generic admission email address and they just told me that admission decisions are being made. They didn't even contact me once after I submitted the application.

Even I haven't heard from them since I applied. Did say anything about when they'd start sending out decisions?

The next two weeks should yield many decisions for us! Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope so! I'm ready for the waiting to end and the planning to begin. Not looking forward to the moving/apartment hunting/settling in process. Can we fast forward to September already?

Hey ak1, so sorry about Stanford but Penn is a great school - I've applied to the IEDP program there and it's my first choice (I just applied so there's a long time till I hear). Is there where you're headed? I've been following this forum for a while and read earlier than Penn had only given you a small scholarship. I have the same problem with Stanford (I got in for IEAPA) and honestly, I can't imagine taking such a hefty loan. I'm from Pakistan btw and I want to return home after a masters so there's no way I could pay back such a loan. Salarys in education here are dismal, cleaners make more than us teachers (those of us who work in under served neighbourhoods atleast).

How are you going to be covering the rest of the cost of penn (if you don't mind me asking)? I'm guessing you've weighed the pros and cons of a loan and would really appreciate some advice. Are you planning on returning to India?

Congrats! Jealous of you! IEAPA is my top choice, yet I am waitlised by it... :(

Hey everybody, my computer's been acting up so I've been missing for a bit. Congratulations to everyone who has got in, and good luck to everyone else!

I was just wondering, has anyone here applied to Vanderbilt's Learning and Teaching PhD? Have you heard back from them?

Finally heard from UT Austin... accepted! But, no word from the department, no welcome from potential advisers that I listed in my SOP. I'm not feeling the love, UT! (Is that such a bad thing to want? Sigh. :()

Finally heard from UT Austin... accepted! But, no word from the department, no welcome from potential advisers that I listed in my SOP. I'm not feeling the love, UT! (Is that such a bad thing to want? Sigh. :()

Congrats, Wildviolet!!!

A belated congratulations on everyone who's recently been accepted!!! :D

In the meantime, I'm sitting here during my prep hour, trying to enjoy my last few moments of boredom as the school blocked Engrade on our internet (can't input grades! ACk!) by surfing GradCafe, and sincerely (although most people would say crazily) looking forward to the days where I'll be up to my ears in work in graduate school. Fall won't come fast enough! :D

Congrats, wildviolet! And I hope they welcome you nicely to the program soon!