Notification Thread

William_James

Still painfully waiting to hear from BC's Masters program in Behavioral Neuroscience and WFU's Masters programs in General Psych.

Doesn't seem to be any postings on the results page either

Anyone know if either program interviews for their Masters programs? Or is straight accept/reject. Would prefer some kind of interview to be honest.

I can only speak on behalf of BC (and even then, I'm not entirely sure), but I'm quite certain BC is just accept/reject.

Heard back from University of Chicago's Comparative Human Development--I'm admitted! I'm so excited, as it was one of my top choice schools. I'm still going to interview at Cornell (Human Development) and Utah (Developmental Psych), but most likely I'll be Chicago-bound come autumn :)

I'll be seeing you at Cornell!

I'll be seeing you at Cornell!

Who are your POI's at Cornell? Just curious because I did my psych undergrad there and I work as an RA at Human Development now. Also, for those applying to Cornell's social psych program: My advisor who heads the program told me they only invited 5 interviewees and they're only thinking of accepting 1 or 2 :S

Who are your POI's at Cornell? Just curious because I did my psych undergrad there and I work as an RA at Human Development now. Also, for those applying to Cornell's social psych program: My advisor who heads the program told me they only invited 5 interviewees and they're only thinking of accepting 1 or 2 :S

Are you serious? How's that possible?

Are you serious? How's that possible?

They count their total grad student cohort as part of the whole psych department and accept a couple of grad students for each of the areas (cognitive, social and personality, developmental, etc.). Also, I think a couple of professors are taking their sabbatical next year.

I haven't seen anything here or for: (The results have shown very little, and oddly early activity).

U of Houston, Clinical Psych.

U of Houston, Counseling Psych.

Texas A & M Clinical Psych.

Sam Houston State Clinical Psych.

I haven't heard from any of them. I know I could get into several non-clinical Ph. D. programs, but wanted to become a psychologist. If I get rejected, I am thinking I'll do my LPC and LMFT hours before pursuing a non clinical Ph. D.

I can't move due to co-parenting children.

Edited to add: I know that the U of Houston Clinical Psych. interview weekend is the first weekend in March.

Edited by Midlyfechrysalis

Got a letter in the mail today from the University of Missouri. Apparently, the Quantitative Psych department has put my name forward for acceptance, and nominated me for a fellowship!! :D Not posting acceptance yet on the Results Survey board (since it's pending final review by the graduate program), but it looks good!

Got a letter in the mail today from the University of Missouri. Apparently, the Quantitative Psych department has put my name forward for acceptance, and nominated me for a fellowship!! :D Not posting acceptance yet on the Results Survey board (since it's pending final review by the graduate program), but it looks good!

Congrats! That means you're in

Relating to Ameonna's post, I have a burning question.

Sorry for being ridiculous, but here it is - After you get the phone call from your POI (post-interview) telling you that you are accepted with funding, is this the end of the game and you can just sit around waiting for the official letter to come? Or would there still be risks of not getting accepted in the end? I am worried about this because I am supposed to organize a trip to attend another recruitment weekend in Canada - already RSVPed yes to my POI. And being an international student, there's a lot money / effort to invest in making the trip. I am not sure if I can just cancel it or still treat the school as a back-up choice..

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Edited by fingers_toes_X

Good luck with applications all! For those though that are interested and starting to get antsy and thinking about possible Plan Bs (let's call them safety/back-ups for now), I've posted 3 emails I got in the last 48 hours regarding open lab manager positions over in the "Lab Manager Positions" thread.

For anyone that was unfortunately rejected from CU-Boulder, did your application status change? I haven't gotten an email, but haven't gotten a phone call asking me to come interview...so maybe my rejection email fell in the cracks?

For anyone that was unfortunately rejected from CU-Boulder, did your application status change? I haven't gotten an email, but haven't gotten a phone call asking me to come interview...so maybe my rejection email fell in the cracks?

I got the denial email, but my status is still unchanged. The email explicitly stated that it was for social psych only, though, and that any other programs will notify me separately, if I applied to any other programs. Thus, IF you applied to the social psych program, congratulations: It appears you made it past the first cut, at least!