Notification Thread

William_James

Ahhh I have been checking the results postings every single night... This is terrifying! Good luck, everyone!

I keep checking the applications online too... then I had an epiphany today. You can check your application status online, but will this ever show 'accepted' or 'rejected'? I had a sudden cold feeling that all those sites will ever show will be the submission status, as in 'incomplete' or 'submitted on 07/11/11'. Does anyone know?

Ahhh I have been checking the results postings every single night... This is terrifying! Good luck, everyone!

I keep checking the applications online too... then I had an epiphany today. You can check your application status online, but will this ever show 'accepted' or 'rejected'? I had a sudden cold feeling that all those sites will ever show will be the submission status, as in 'incomplete' or 'submitted on 07/11/11'. Does anyone know?

I've heard of schools emailing applicants that their status has changed and you have to go to the application page yourself and see what it says. I've also heard of people randomly checking their pages and seeing that they've been rejected without hearing anything from the department.

Well, I think it depends on the web tool the school uses. All I know is that for ApplyYourself, which is used by many many departments, underneath all the details on your application page (i.e. submission status, transcripts and LORs received, etc) appears a "Decision available: click link to view letter" or something along those lines. Hope that helps Cosmos :)

OK, thanks guys. I don't think any of my schools use Apply Yourself, but I will continue checking the pages anyway. I suppose if you don't hear anything from the department, you are more likely to see a 'rejected' status than 'accepted' status on the page.. Depressing. Guess it's still early yet! You can't help doubting yourself though..

Congrats, Gvh, on Penn GSE! Is that one of your top choices?

Under Clinical Ph.D. for Yale on the SDN thread, it says that all invites will be sent out by the weekend. Anyone know if that's just clinical or for the whole department?

Let's hope not the whole department! Not feeling good about that though :(

Edited by William_James

For those of you posting on gradcafe on the results threat for Northwestern, especially whomever just posted this...

"Northwestern Univerisity Psychology, PhD (F12) Interview via E-mail on 7 Jan 2012 ♦ A 9 Jan 2012"

Feinberg medical or Weinberg college of arts?

Please distinguish for those of us who also applied there (yes, i know they are different, but just in case). Thanks! (and congrats).

Edited by mixedpsych

NU (Weinberg, Evanston campus) is holding interview weekend for all areas (social/clinical/BBC/cognitive) starting Feb 3. I am fairly sure all the invitations to interview have been extended already, but am positive this is the case for the social area. If you have not been invited to interview I'd consider yourself on the waitlist/reject. Check the website as NU does not send an email to check until around April regardless of status.

Edited by watson

All right, so, Florida State.

I called today and the assistant said she thinks most clinical interview invites have gone out by now, but not all of them.

However, we only have one pre-interview posted on SDN, and nothing here on TGC. Has anyone else heard at all from FSU?

ETA: There's one posted now on TGC! Still not counting it out yet, though.

Edited by gellert

OK, thanks guys. I don't think any of my schools use Apply Yourself, but I will continue checking the pages anyway. I suppose if you don't hear anything from the department, you are more likely to see a 'rejected' status than 'accepted' status on the page.. Depressing. Guess it's still early yet! You can't help doubting yourself though..

Congrats, Gvh, on Penn GSE! Is that one of your top choices?

Thanks Cosmos. Yeah I'd say it's number 2 or 3 depending on the other offers =) Good luck with your applications, I'm sure you will hear one way or another, regardless of the system used.

I just got an email from Yale telling me my application was just forwarded to my department for review??? Did anyone else get this? If not I wonder if this means my application wasn't sent? :(

update: confirmed that it was available and they don't know why I got it. So if you get it, then it doesn't mean anything...

Edited by William_James

Aww, that's disappointing to hear. :(

Yale was in my bottom two choices, though, since it wasn't the best of my research matches, so I suppose I'm not too upset about it. It'd just have been nice to have had an interview invite before my first rejection!

Edited by gellert