Notification Thread

William_James

On 1/12/2012 at 7:19 PM, BlueCamel said:

Anyone heard anything bout Michigan yet!?!? Or WashU? I am the only one in my school applying for social psychology graduate school, so I don't have colleagues to ask, so please share any news!!!!! THANKS

I haven't heard anything from Michigan or WashU :wacko: . I applied to Michigan's Personality & Social Contexts Program and WashU's Social Program.

On 1/12/2012 at 9:32 PM, Allport (1954) said:

I haven't heard anything from Michigan or WashU :wacko: . I applied to Michigan's Personality & Social Contexts Program and WashU's Social Program.

Alright, thanks for the update! I applied for Michigan and WashU's social program. Good luck to us all!

Saw this in the result section. So troll... thought this was kinda funny at first:

To the person who is claiming they were told all interview invites from Yale have been extended: get a life. Yale Psych doesn't do interviews, stop trying to get others to accept other offers.

Saw this in the result section. So troll... thought this was kinda funny at first:

To the person who is claiming they were told all interview invites from Yale have been extended: get a life. Yale Psych doesn't do interviews, stop trying to get others to accept other offers.

lol, especially since Yale interview date and the date by which invitations will have been extended are both listed clearly on the department website. :rolleyes:

Edited by gellert

I'm interested in this question as well, but with a caveat: Does the department's interview weekend have anything to do with it?

E.g. If it is two weeks before the department's scheduled interview weekend can I call admissions coordinator or POI?

Don't call the POI. Call the secretary in the main psych office, but chances are if you haven't heard by now and interviews are 2 wks away that you are on a waitlist/reject list. POIs (I know that my advisor definitely falls in this category) hate when prospectives/applicants call to inquire...the psych office's secretary will know if invites have been sent out already but neither the secretary nor POI will flat out say you've been rejected this early or if you're still being considered.

Looks like the UPenn invites were a mass mailing--can anyone confirm this and also if they were for a specific program track or across the dept?

Hi,

yes I think it was a mass mailing (from the graduate director), although they are offering to host the applicants in the homes of current graduate students during the interview weekend so the short list must not be too massive. I got a follow up e-mail from my POI today, and his area is very specific (evpsych) and the only one doing that at UPenn. I'm not sure how it was for the others.

Has anyone heard back from UMaryland-College Park, Boston College, or UCDavis?

Nothing from UMD yet. They're supposed to have reviewed the applications this past week or next week (I forget which). I would anticipate a call next week.

Nothing from UMD yet. They're supposed to have reviewed the applications this past week or next week (I forget which). I would anticipate a call next week.

How did you find out? Did you call the dept? Also, do you mind sharing who your POI is via pm? Thanks!

hm, guess i missed out on UPenn and Miami, perhaps? I applied clinical for both

Yeah, and I think the interviews at Penn that went out yesterday were more for cog/dev/quant, not clinical. I could be mistaken though. Don't lose hope!

anyone else who didn't have much action this week from their schools? What do you think...next week will be the big week for notifications?

It has been a slow week...I'm dying over here!

I don't know if anyone is interested in this info, but I called the psych grad admissions coordinator at UIUC (I semi-freaked out that someone on the results board said interview weekend is 1/19-1/21!), and she said that for the social division they hope to contact people by Feb 1. Whew!

Edited by psychgurl