Notification Thread

William_James

Hey thanks. Maybe I'll see you at OSU! Going into developmental?

No, Clinical Health. I'm actually a2nd year and am leaving my current program for clinical. I somehow managed to sear how stressful this waiting time was from 2 years ago!

I just received the interview invite from POI via phone for the Northeastern University Social Psychology program. Back up school but great research program!

Congratulations!

If you don't mind, are you also the results poster who mentioned that official invites would go out soon? Do you happen to know how soon? So nervous over here!

For those of you posting on gradcafe on the results threat for Northwestern, especially whomever just posted this...

"Northwestern Univerisity Psychology, PhD (F12) Interview via E-mail on 7 Jan 2012 ♦ A 9 Jan 2012"

Feinberg medical or Weinberg college of arts?

Please distinguish for those of us who also applied there (yes, i know they are different, but just in case). Thanks! (and congrats).

Sorry I didn't specify- Weinberg college of arts!

I was contacted by my POI at Harvard for an interview on the 9th, but I didn't post it on GradCafe. I did post it on SDN, and the post on the results survey pretty much exactly matches what I wrote, including the date. I'm wondering if someone else got the same invite as I did (likely from the same POI), or if someone just saw my posting on SDN and added it to the results survey. Either way though, anyone who would like to know who my POI is can PM me.

Got interview invite from the developmental program at Penn State last week. The letter said that POI 'might' contact candidates - I have not heard anything from my POI so far, but a person posted on the result survey stated that s/he has been contacted.

A bit worried..

Edited by fingers_toes_X

Congratulations!

If you don't mind, are you also the results poster who mentioned that official invites would go out soon? Do you happen to know how soon? So nervous over here!

Well I got an official invite through the email the next day after the professor called. I think this is generally the trend (from other acceptance by Northeastern). Good Luck!!

@ scalia: YES!

no posts yet for any of the schools i applied to and i am definitely anxious.

just a general question for everyone: is it inappropriate to email the POI you contacted prior to applying to inquire about the status of your application? what is the ettiquete regarding this? thanks in advance to those that reply!

best of luck to all of you.

@ scalia: YES!

no posts yet for any of the schools i applied to and i am definitely anxious.

just a general question for everyone: is it inappropriate to email the POI you contacted prior to applying to inquire about the status of your application? what is the ettiquete regarding this? thanks in advance to those that reply!

best of luck to all of you.

I would wait for now. It's still really early in the game (at least I think!). The POI may get annoyed with people emailing before any decisions have been made.

Does anyone have any input about when would be a good time to contact an admissions coordinator or POI?

I would wait for now. It's still really early in the game (at least I think!). The POI may get annoyed with people emailing before any decisions have been made.

Does anyone have any input about when would be a good time to contact an admissions coordinator or POI?

I'm interested in this question as well, but with a caveat: Does the department's interview weekend have anything to do with it?

E.g. If it is two weeks before the department's scheduled interview weekend can I call admissions coordinator or POI?

Also, can we agree that using the results board as a way to communicate with previous posters is a bad idea?

I get antsy when I see a result come in for a school I'm waiting to hear from just to read in the description that they are looking for details from a previous poster and are not in fact posting a communication with a school.