UC Schools

PhDreams

Also, has anyone heard from SCS at Berkeley?

edstudent,

Wish I had information for you, but I imagine we are in the same boat.

It is still a bit early for them I think. I've gotten the impression they often

run a week or two behind a lot of other prominent R1 Schools of Ed.

Either that or we're both rejected. ;)

c.o.

Anyone get news yet???

I have not heard anything yet. I am waiting for SCS at Berkeley too-- obsessively checking my email, the gradadmit page, and the results survey. I must say that it feels good to know that I am not alone in this. Congrats to those who know where they will be in the Fall, and good luck to those of us who are still waiting!

Especially with regards to the UCs, i have a feeling they're negotiating university/departmental funding both within and between schools for their top candidates. They may have notified a few students here and there, but maybe the admission committees are still studying up on the rest of us or waiting to hear back about available funding for us.... Still too early to assume anything else. Might as well stay as hopeful as possible in the meantime.

crossing my fingers for all of us!!!!!!!! ^^

I have not heard anything yet. I am waiting for SCS at Berkeley too-- obsessively checking my email, the gradadmit page, and the results survey. I must say that it feels good to know that I am not alone in this. Congrats to those who know where they will be in the Fall, and good luck to those of us who are still waiting!

Still waiting to hear back from SCS along with you guys. Hang in there...

Congrats to all of you who are in the business of finalizing your plans for next fall!

Could this be the week for Berkeley? It seems like some of the MA programs have been notified. I am still waiting to hear for SCS Ph.D. Anyone heard anything yet? It seems really shrouded in secrecy. The anxiety is really getting to me!

Waiting to hear back from the SCS MA so Im sure that you will hear before I will. Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Could this be the week for Berkeley? It seems like some of the MA programs have been notified. I am still waiting to hear for SCS Ph.D. Anyone heard anything yet? It seems really shrouded in secrecy. The anxiety is really getting to me!

Still waiting for SCS (MA) too!

So, I looked at acceptances last year for UC Berkeley and they all seemed to happen in Jan. and Feb. and then the rejections come out in March. I also saw that in Feb. this year two people were accepted. I really, really, really hope that this does not mean I am just waiting for a rejection :( I called the admissions office (I didn't say my name) and they said something should be coming in the mail or email or both this week or next. Oh, and I applied to SCS PhD program.

So, I looked at acceptances last year for UC Berkeley and they all seemed to happen in Jan. and Feb. and then the rejections come out in March. I also saw that in Feb. this year two people were accepted. I really, really, really hope that this does not mean I am just waiting for a rejection :( I called the admissions office (I didn't say my name) and they said something should be coming in the mail or email or both this week or next. Oh, and I applied to SCS PhD program.

Ugh! I am not sure if this makes me feel better or worse :unsure:. I have also looked at results for the previous years, and felt discouraged. I am trying to stay positive and remember that none of us know for sure until we get the official word. Still, every time my phone rings, I hope that I will see a 510-642-xxxx number on the caller id.

BTW, I think that you were VERY brave to call admissions. I haven't worked up the courage for that. I will keep "really, really, really" positive thoughts that we all get the news we are hoping for.

I'm not sure if this will help, since programs at Berkeley may each have their own timeline, but I was told (from a POI) that decisions would be made in March.

So...we made it to March! :)

This does help! Thanks!

I'm not sure if this will help, since programs at Berkeley may each have their own timeline, but I was told (from a POI) that decisions would be made in March.

So...we made it to March! :)

Cool! And, I can't help but appreciate the irony of "March Madness" beginning soon :P

This does help! Thanks!

Agreed and thanks!

Received a post from UCLA today: Waitlisted for the Urban Education PhD. So, letters are making their way out.

Southern California is killing me with these waitlists.

I ran to my mailbox as soon as I read this....nothing. :(