Official Television thread

ewurgler

...to discuss and make recommendations, as I'm sure we are all watching much more than usual in this anxious time.

My favorites:

30 Rock

How I Met Your Mother

Lost

Top Chef

Others I enjoy but not playing new eps right now: Mad Men, Dexter, Project Runway.

Friday Night Lights. I already watched season 3 (downloaded it) since it aired on DirectTV, but it's on NBC now on Fridays. Such an amazing show. Don't be turned off by the football, it's not just about that. So awesome.

Ooo! How I Met Your Mother and Top Chef!! I also have to add The Office, sooo good. 30 Rock, I haven't had a chance to start watching yet, but hopefully I will at some point. As a random, I also love America's Best Dance Crew. Man, I wish I could dance.

Long off the air, but The West Wing is by far the best television series ever.

Less classy, I find trashy soaps to be ideal for this period of waiting - having already justified "working" from home rather than going in, skipping the gym, not changing out of my pjs, it isn't such a big step to allow myself to watch The Bold and The Beautiful, or the like.

The Catherine Tate Show is hilarious, but I don't know if that screens in America.

The greatest television show ever made:

"The Wire"

It's the only show that can distract me from my applications... it's THAT good!

OMG! I can't believe I forgot the wire on my list. Definitely my favorite drama. Does it make anyone else feel guilty about their choice of careers? Is it "ethical" for me to get a PhD when so many kids have the shittiest education ever! Season 4 made me feel so terrible.

Sopranos: hours concurs.

During the last few months I've been watching "the Wire". Right now I'm at S04, and it is probably the best so far (they really screwed up on s02, don't you think?).

On regular basis: Lost, House, Top Chef, 24, The Office (but I like the UK version better).

Oh, and Curb your Enthusiasm. Larry is a god.

Don't watch nor do I own a television. I do watch TV shows from time to time though (always online). I've been known to watch:

Futurama

LOST

Family Guy

The Simpsons

Mad Men

Weeds

King of the Hill

The Daily Show

The Sopranos

The IT Crowd (there may only be 18 episodes over 3 seasons, and it may be British, but by god it's amazing, please check it out)

The BEST TV show ever has to be Peep Show (for those not in the UK- its not what you think!)

Two guys in their late twenties- one is a neurotic socially awkward wreck and the other is a 'musician' who spends all his time mooching and getting high. you hear all of their inner thoughts which are ..hilarious..

The two guys in it, mitchell and webb, met at cambridge and did the whole footlights thing there.

Here's my list:

30 Rock

The Office

Earl

Burn Notice

Psych

Chuck (comes back on Monday!!!)

Tony Bourdain: No Reservations

HIMYM (How I met your mom)

Scrubs (surprisingly not terrible since the network switch)

The Simpsons

Others not on right now:

Mythbusters

Prototype This (anyone else watch this? It's amazing what they do in only a few weeks)

Last Comic Standing

I, too, am a crazy tv whore.

Here's a list of some shows I like:

Flight of the Conchords (I love Bret and his sugar lumps)

Big Love

HIMYM

American Idol

House

LOST

United States of Tara

Grey's Anatomy

The Office

30 Rock

Psych

The Real World (a bit ashamed of this one)

Celebrity Sober House

Reruns of Beverly Hills, 90210

Ruby

BBCA's You Are What You Eat

Its that "I cant turn away from a horrific car accident" sort of fascination. Whenever I watch I get the feeling he doesn't even accomplish half of his eating challenges.

I think the only one I've seen him fail was when the tried to eat the 8 breakfast burritos or whatever they were. I can't believe someone actually did that before.

Desperate Housewives

Gray's Anatomy

Lost

but I just watched for the first time the last Bruce Lee film Enter the Dragon made in the early 70s. highly recommended! Story is so simple, action is fantastic 70s movie action stuff. Love it when people die after getting hit over the head. (as opposed to the bloody gunshot blah of today) And when people still gave a thumbs up.