post here if one of your programs has started contacting...

frankdux

Got accepted to UCSD MPIA program.

I found out yesterday that they want me to take econ. and stats as preparation this summer starting Aug. 1st. I had other plans for the summer and will be out of the U.S. until mid Aug. Fantastic new right? not quite! after calling and sending emails, they told me it would also be okay to take prep. courses at a community college. At this time, most schools have started their spring semester. The best I could get is going to the one that started about 2 days ago and try my luck. I went last night dashing in and out of several classrooms making inquiries to profs. Most of them are very cold about whatever situation you are in. They don't want to listen or talk. One of them even told me "oh if you want to take classes, be on time next time".

So the only options I have right now is to see if I would be able to change my flight and rearrange schedule with my boss. sucks big time but what else can I do right <_<

My mother who was never a wishful thinking person had managed to tell me maybe it was a sign that I should wait for some other school's offer last night. haha I don't know I had UCSD on the very top of my list

My program hasn't started contacting -- they said they would notify late March -- but the school itself started contacting mid-February. Similar programs.

Rationally, I know this doesn't mean anything.

OR DOES IT.

Only one of my schools hasn't started contacting people yet. Of the schools I'm still waiting to hear from, I've only seen one or two results. It is sort of driving me crazy because I can't tell if they are just contacting their favorite candidates/ones who got prized fellowships or whether not that many people on gradcafe applied to those schools (and thus, no information). :(

Just looked at the results page and saw that one of my programs (the exact department too! not just some other department within the school!) just sent out an acceptance. Before, I swore up and down that wouldn't freak me out, but my heart dropped into my stomach and the nerves are kicking in (for what? it's not like i can do anything about the decision now!). My logical self has disappeared.

Just looked at the results page and saw that one of my programs (the exact department too! not just some other department within the school!) just sent out an acceptance. Before, I swore up and down that wouldn't freak me out, but my heart dropped into my stomach and the nerves are kicking in (for what? it's not like i can do anything about the decision now!). My logical self has disappeared.

which one? i applied to gtown and gwu as well. the results page so far only lists GWU acceptances for (unfunded lol) Polisci PhD. as i understand it, for the past two years (at least) gtown ssp has notified around the last week of march (20-22nd range).

• 3 weeks later...

UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. I've seen only four acceptances posted starting from Jan 24 till Feb 7. After that all posts were rejections (except for one waitlisted person). I haven't received anything from them yet, and I have no idea what could this mean???

:blink: :blink: :blink: