Accepted to Peabody - Master's

robo24wolverine

Congrats to all who have been accepted! I was accepted into the M.Ed. in Higher Education Administration program about 1.5 weeks ago. I'll be attending the Feb. 2 afternoon event and Feb. 3 Visitation Day events.

Where do i go for that? Sorry...I'm pretty much new to the site.

At the top of the forum pages, there's a series of tabs; the right-most one is "Submit Results." Click on it, and you can fill out your application information.

I'm super late, but I was accepted as well into the same program! I wasn't able to attend the visitation day, but did anyone else attend? If so, how was it?

It was pretty decent, but basically what you'd expect (there was a pretty good career presentation and information on financial aid). Definitely feel free to PM me if you're interested in specifics.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all and congrats to those accepted to Peabody! Has anyone heard about when merit-based funding for Peabody would be announced?

I was told sometime in late February or early March.

I heard back from Peabody's M.Ed. program for Elementary Education but not for Human Development Counseling. I heard back from the Elementary Education program very early (in late January). I'm guessing I'll hear from HDC sometime in early-mid March?

Edited by hello3angel

Anyone around the board accepted into the M.Ed for Secondary Education program? I wasn't able to make it to the visitation day so I feel like I missed out on getting to meet anyone else who'd been accepted. Not sure if I can attend-- it is scary expensive-- but it is my top choice and the program I ideally want to attend so I figured I'd stop by the board!

• 11 months later...

Hey! I got into the Higher Ed Admin program and I was just at the Visit Day program  this past weekend--I loved everything about everything, so I'll definitely be headed to Peabody in the fall! For anyone: feel free to message me! I'd love to chat with and get to know other admitted and enrolling students :)

Hello OhLaLaSam!  I just got back from Visit Day as well and completely fell in love with Vanderbilt and the program!  I am about 95% sure on Vanderbilt but won't make a definite decision until I hear back from Harvard (probably next week).  It seems like there are a lot of opportunities for graduate assistantships and other means of tuition assistance, which is really helpful as well, and will likely be the determining factor in choosing Peabody even if I do get accepted to Harvard. 

Plus, it's hard to beat Nashville.  What a great town.  

Congrats on your acceptance, too, ASzofer! It sounds like such an amazing program, doesn't it? I also applied to Harvard! I don't think I have a prayer of being accepted, and I don't really want to go--but we'll see what happens. It's hard not knowing what the financial aid situation is looking like for Peabody yet. Is the Harvard program in your area a one or two year program? For higher ed, it's only one year, which is a huge detterant for me. I'm nervous about feeling super overwhelmed and having to cram everything into just one year.

I think Boston is a great city, too, but Nashville is also wonderful! And more manageable, I think. Plus, all that amazing southern food--I basically ate my way through last weekend.

I was also at the visit day last week and had a good experience!  I thought the faculty I got to speak with and all the other students were friendly and very approachable.  Going in I don't think Vanderbily was my top choice, but I left feeling really good about it.  Unfortunately my big worry is the financial side of things.  It sounds like there are a lot of opportunities for GA positions, but that they vary in their levels of funding.  When they said we'd have to make a decision before all that gets figured out it scared me a bit. 

They said that they send out letters about scholarships in early March.  So I'm just going to have to sit tight and see what happens there.  When people start hearing about scholarships would they mind posting here?  I think this part is worse than waiting on acceptances!

Edited by suorange03

I'm still waiting on the acceptance! I went for Human Development Counseling, one of the two programs still having to interview. Apparently there were 55 of us all together (40 interviewing there, 15 doing phone interviews), and around 30 will get in. So here's to hoping! I was already pretty certain I wanted to go to Vandy, but the visit day totally solidified it. It is a bit of a worry that we might not know about TA positions and such upon accepting admission, but it's high enough up on my list that I'm most likely going to accept the offer if I get accepted. 

Anyone else who interviewed for HDC, any clue when we'll hear back? I heard they'd start sending stuff out through the post after a week or so, but wondered if anyone else heard anything.

I applied to the HDC program as well and had a phone interview a few weeks ago.  One of my questions during the interview was about when we would hear back - the professor told me they would make all their final decisions after Visit Day and start sending out letters this week and at the latest next week.  She also encouraged me to call the admissions office and check in about the decision if I needed to know sooner due to hearing acceptances from other places.  I'll wait til the beginning of next week before calling but it sounds like it's okay to do so.

Vanderbilt is my top choice so I'd like to hear back ASAP!  It's very helpful to hear the numbers of who was interviewed, keeping my fingers crossed that I made the cut.