Art History PhD Hopefuls: Any News?

cokohlik

Thanks for your quick response. And chin up--getting those negative letters is horrible, but acceptance into a master's program and waitlisting to another is nothing to downplay. I got my MA as a terminal degree, and now I've been accepted to the CUNY Graduate Center. There is hope.

Thanks!

The waitlist program says that it is highly unlikely they'll be using it this year and told me that I can expect a rejection letter in April, so... bittersweet.

The MA program is wonderful, I know that, but there a lot of pros and cons with this program between my husband and I. We're really hoping for a PhD acceptance for a lot of reasons. Not quite ready to give anyone a definite answer yet.

Thanks for your quick response. And chin up--getting those negative letters is horrible, but acceptance into a master's program and waitlisting to another is nothing to downplay. I got my MA as a terminal degree, and now I've been accepted to the CUNY Graduate Center. There is hope.

I'm definitely learning the merit of a terminal MA program :) It is very exciting!

anyone still waiting on temple, ifa, columbia or emory? down to my last 4. and judging from other results i'm pretty positive im rejected. and as for temple... i feel like they are avoiding me! i emailed twice and called tuesday and the admissions person was out so the kid who answered took a message and i havent heard back. i'm just angry that my app might not even be looked at because of their technical problems. not to mention the money i spent. ughhhh. i dont know if i should even email or call again.

Edited by Cassanova

Also, I saw a UToronto admit pop up on the results board, and the first thing I thought was "let that be cokohlik!!!"

Edit: Is it you? Is it??

You're so sweet! :D

It's not me :( Wish I could say it was...

Can't believe it's March 19th and I'm still waiting to hear from places... I had imagined I would know by now! Anyone else still waiting? I suppose it's a bit silly since the last 2 will most likely be rejections...

Is it just me, or is it nuts that Columbia still hasn't send out a big batch of admits/rejects? I've already accepted an offer elsewhere, so it doesn't so much matter to me, but I do think it's sort of strange, and I am curious...

Good luck to everyone!

Is it just me, or is it nuts that Columbia still hasn't send out a big batch of admits/rejects? I've already accepted an offer elsewhere, so it doesn't so much matter to me, but I do think it's sort of strange, and I am curious...

Good luck to everyone!

I was thinking the same thing - based on previous years they seem to have made their decision much earlier... I like to think that they're spending all this extra time trying to squeeze me in :) But actually, I've written them off at this point...

I'm still curious because some people posted on the results list that they had been invited to the open house - so someone would have mentioned being admitted...

yet to hear from williams and rutgers. maybe i'm on the waitlist at williams? i'm too afraid to email because i'm not able to couch it as i'm needing to know as i have acceptances elsewhere

as for rutgers, it appears they really haven't sent out decisions yet...

Friends!!! I have to tell you -- you may have already seen in my blog, but I want to post here for good measure.

I got into my dream school (UDel)!!!! :wub: I was admitted to the MA (applied to PhD) but they are extremely generous with their financial offer and I just cannot wait to start! I'm so excited!!! After all this time! On the 21st of March! I thought all hope was lost, but here they are, rescuing me from despair. I burst into tears just thinking about it. I wonder if the elation passes. :rolleyes:

Thank you all for all of your support these past few, terrible months. You're the best!