Art History PhD Hopefuls: Any News?

cokohlik

I got into my dream school (UDel)!!!! :wub: I was admitted to the MA (applied to PhD) but they are extremely generous with their financial offer and I just cannot wait to start! I'm so excited!!!

Congrats!!! I second the person above- I was hoping you were the UDel admit too :)

Friends!!! I have to tell you -- you may have already seen in my blog, but I want to post here for good measure.

I got into my dream school (UDel)!!!! :wub: I was admitted to the MA (applied to PhD) but they are extremely generous with their financial offer and I just cannot wait to start! I'm so excited!!! After all this time! On the 21st of March! I thought all hope was lost, but here they are, rescuing me from despair. I burst into tears just thinking about it. I wonder if the elation passes. :rolleyes:

Thank you all for all of your support these past few, terrible months. You're the best!

Woo, awesome! Many congratulations!!!

Friends!!! I have to tell you -- you may have already seen in my blog, but I want to post here for good measure.

I got into my dream school (UDel)!!!! :wub: I was admitted to the MA (applied to PhD) but they are extremely generous with their financial offer and I just cannot wait to start! I'm so excited!!! After all this time! On the 21st of March! I thought all hope was lost, but here they are, rescuing me from despair. I burst into tears just thinking about it. I wonder if the elation passes. :rolleyes:

Thank you all for all of your support these past few, terrible months. You're the best!

YAY! So much yay! I'm so freakin' excited for you- yay! Ride the joy!

I am SO SO SO HAPPY for you! And I am sure there are many more of us who have followed your journey but rarely post who are really excited for you too! All the best!!!!

Ahh!!! The love!!! Thank you everyone! :wub: I'm so happy to have this wonderful community of fellow aspiring art historians to share in this triumphant moment with! It means so much! The acceptance is that much more sweet after 10 straight rejections from my non-dream-schools. Thank you for the support over the past couple months and listening to my often incessant downer posts and sending well wishes. I feel like I'm on top of the world!

I ran out of my daily upvotes too soon :( I have so many posts to up, because you guys are awesome! And you kept me sane. Thank you! :)

Congrats Cokohlik!!

saw that one of the bryn mawr admits posted about fellowship coming through - hoping this means good news for other admits too

Thank you! :)

I noticed that Bryn Mawr seems to have admitted tons of students this year. (Perhaps I'm remembering the results incorrectly.) Did they admit people without funding?

I'm not sure. I visited a few weeks ago and they told me the cohort is typically 3-4 students. Some people get tuition waivers, some tuition plus fellowship.... one of my undergraduate faculty members attended for PhD and said that she was unfunded her first year then funded completely afterwards.

I'm not sure. I visited a few weeks ago and they told me the cohort is typically 3-4 students. Some people get tuition waivers, some tuition plus fellowship.... one of my undergraduate faculty members attended for PhD and said that she was unfunded her first year then funded completely afterwards.

That's what I thought, too -- 3-4 students. It seems like there's more than that this year but I guess they probably over-admit to see who declines? :P Anyway, ahh! That's exciting! UDel has an agreement with Bryn Mawr where grad students can take classes there at no extra charge, so.... All you Bryn Mawr folk, let's meet! Eventually. ... When school starts. ... In AUGUST! :(

School y u so far away?

Ahh!!! The love!!! Thank you everyone! :wub: I'm so happy to have this wonderful community of fellow aspiring art historians to share in this triumphant moment with! It means so much! The acceptance is that much more sweet after 10 straight rejections from my non-dream-schools. Thank you for the support over the past couple months and listening to my often incessant downer posts and sending well wishes. I feel like I'm on top of the world!

I ran out of my daily upvotes too soon :( I have so many posts to up, because you guys are awesome! And you kept me sane. Thank you! :)

Hey, cokohlik, I just wanted to say congratulations, too! I'm so happy for you :) Here's hoping we'll run into each other sometime, since our areas of interest overlap a bit!

Hey, cokohlik, I just wanted to say congratulations, too! I'm so happy for you :) Here's hoping we'll run into each other sometime, since our areas of interest overlap a bit!

Thank you! I hope so too! Maybe at CAA or RSA one of these coming years :D

Hi everyone!

I wonder if anyone else is STILL waiting on Columbia. From the result survey it seems like they have sent out PhD decisions. I did ask to be considered for their MA program too, maybe that's why my long waiting hasn't come to an end?

Thanks!

I'm still waiting even though I didn't even opt for the MA!

Some people say they found out on the website - but I don't see anything when I log in.

I guess I just need to wait for the email?

I still haven't heard from Toronto and my application status is "Under Review."

The secretary told me (in January, in an automated email) that they were sending out all their PhD acceptances in February, and MAs in March.

It's April.

yao-ming-meme.jpg

I havent heard from Columbia yet either!

I finally did hear back from Rutgers (rejected) the day after I accepted my offer somewhere else - curious, no?

Has anyone else heard from Rutgers (about Phd) ?

Edited by jilly11

I finally heard from Temple. They admitted me but no funding. So, it looks like I will be heading to Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley to work on their Art & Religion program. I think it is a good fit for me. Though I have to admit that it is disappointing not to have more admits in pure Art History programs. The frustrating part is that I've asked a couple of schools what would have made my application stronger or if there were weaknesses and the answer was that it is very strong application and there were no weaknesses. Temple even implied that it is likely that I would have gotten funding if I had visited the school. Frustrating...but as i said I do think GTU is a good fit for me...now just to iron out all the financial difficulties of moving a family to the East Bay. :(

is anyone still waiting for emory?

I'm still waiting on Emory, praying that I am on some kind of wait list... are you going to email them or wait it out? I can't decide....

Edited by spifster119