MFA Creative Writing- Results

PhDreams

I hope so and I hope not! lol It would be nice to know that the letters sent out are acceptances, but that's one less slot for me. Ah, the conflict! Thanks for the update.

I saw that Emerson sent out another batch of responses. A waitlist isn't bad--congrats! I know what you mean about the funding, though. SCSU accepted me with no word about the money situation, so I'm assuming the worst until proven otherwise.

What's SCSU's typical funding package? Hope they shower you with $$$!

My co-worker is waiting for MBA acceptance today from her dream school, everyone on their forum is so tense too.

I wish we all find out on the same day as the MBA applicants do. Instead each day tortures us so xD

Ugh, I agree. It's ridiculous that they send out notifications in waves. I've been telling my bf for a few weeks that they should send rejections out first, then acceptances/waitlists, since it's easier to hang on when you think the news will be good. 

I hope they shower me with $$$, too. XD There's a scholarship for nearly half of tuition (that only a few people get) and interviews for GTAships that are worth about $5,000. Not ideal, but we'll see what happens.

What are your funding prospects?

It's only McNeese. I'm from Louisiana; you aren't missing anything. ;)

Any ideas for backup plans? I was thinking about teaching English in Spain for a year.

Edited by aland81

Well, still waiting on Boston and Emerson's waitlist. But that's a great idea. What organization are you using?

I've signed up with a few programs as I'm not sure which one I prefer. The Spanish government's auxiliaries program and Meddeas, a private program. If those don't pan out then OxfordTEFL in Barcelona to get certified and teach.

I've signed up with a few programs as I'm not sure which one I prefer. The Spanish government's auxiliaries program and Meddeas, a private program. If those don't pan out then OxfordTEFL in Barcelona to get certified and teach.

I was under the assumption that EU countries only hire ESL teacher from the UK.

I was under the assumption that EU countries only hire ESL teacher from the UK.

Not necessarily. For instance, the auxiliaries program is only for Americans and Canadians. I think. They help you get work or student visas. It is easier if you are though.