MFA Creative Writing- Results

PhDreams

But I'm not modifying my signature til further notice.

Also, if you guys need something to occupy your mind at any point, I have a link in my profile to the film from which my profile pic is taken -- it's a FANTASTIC movie. There's a really terrific scene starting at 1 hour & 17 minutes.

Yes, maybe we still have time to woo the admissions committee!  We could ambush them with awe-inducing poems that'll blow their freaking minds!!!

I like where your head and heart are at, but if I have more awe-inducing poems than the ones I sent, I should question my portfolio building skills.

However, we could make an impromptu and unannounced road trip to Indiana and stage some sort of acceptance coup.

Awesome. I was seriously trying to figure out where that still came from...it looks just like someone I know. Your signature made me laugh...a real laugh. I think it has something to do with the all-caps.

Hi, I know I'm barging in on all the loving, but my number one school is Indiana. And I've been rejected from pretty much everywhere else (11 schools). So it's looking pretty grim for me, and I just wanted to say thanks: for all the information on Indiana's results and for all the loving and hope. Haha. It makes my failure feel less terrible; if only I could explain it to my family. :/

I guess that's what happens when you put a bunch of "poets" in a forum! 

There's enough proof out there to confirm that if you want something enough you'll find a way to bloody well get it! I'm a firm believer in the not-giving-up thing.

Hang in there aland81! We're in the exact same boat. And we'll make safe passage across this wide gulf together.

pdh12, I mean it sincerely! I can't overstate it: I love that poem.

I don't want to break up all the lovin' (God only knows how nice it is to have all of these supportive people around!  :D) but I need to whine a bit. 

I applied to UF thinking that it was a last resort, that I hated the Gators and never wanted to go, ever. Then I got to thinking about it, and decided that "Hey! Football ain't everything." And I made the mistake of getting invested in the idea. I got my rejection this morning and it's really bumming me out--more than even the reject from my dream school (which I knew was a reach). What happened?

EDIT: Oh, and a big apology to those of ya'll on the MFA Draft who have to keep seeing my incessant UF posts... 

Edited by Dankar1208

I don't want to break up all the lovin' (God only knows how nice it is to have all of these supportive people around! :D) but I need to whine a bit.

I applied to UF thinking that it was a last resort, that I hated the Gators and never wanted to go, ever. Then I got to thinking about it, and decided that "Hey! Football ain't everything." And I made the mistake of getting invested in the idea. I got my rejection this morning and it's really bumming me out--more than even the reject from my dream school (which I knew was a reach). What happened?

EDIT: Oh, and a big apology to those of ya'll on the MFA Draft who have to keep seeing my incessant UF posts...

Got my rejection from them today too. I understand the mixed emotions. But at least they were nice.

@pdh12 No, I'm still waiting on Miami, and I did get into Southern Connecticut. I really have no idea why this is bumming me out as much as it is.

Got my rejection from them today too. I understand the mixed emotions. But at least they were nice.

It was a very nice rejection email. Made me feel a bit better, at least. Have you heard anything from Indiana? Fingers crossed for you.  :)

It was a very nice rejection email. Made me feel a bit better, at least. Have you heard anything from Indiana? Fingers crossed for you. :)

Nope, panic is setting in. Are you poetry or fiction or? I'm fiction. You too though! Fingers crossed for everyone.

aland81 I am also fiction. I was jealous of the poetry peeps earlier this semester, when it seemed they were being contacted sooner. I realize, now, that we're all in the same boat. 

@chubbiebunnie The lists at MFA draft are super-long, and I would feel a little odd about posting over a list with people's names onto the Internet at large. (Rather than keeping them in the closed group.) That being said, there's a pretty great acceptances/waitlists/rejections post over at The MFA Blog.

http://creative-writing-mfa-handbook.blogspot.com/2014/03/applicationsacceptanceswaitlistsrejecti.html

I can also tell you which schools notified most recently, based on the MFA Draft lists. :)

Edited by Dankar1208

Thanks, Dankar, and congratulations on Southern Connecticut!

I'm waiting on BU, McNeese and Emerson, which may actually all be on a rolling basis, but still wanted to see if anyone else has heard from them. Looks like from the blog no one has though.

P.S., has anyone else resorted to astrology in their quest for reassurance? Just me? Can't believe I know my ascendant sign...

Crazy Gal Out :)

I was resorting to all sorts of esoterica while also constantly fantasizing about winning stupid amounts of money... but then I met someone a few days ago and now I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGG

It may be a blessing in disguise to not be leaving town in 5-6 months.

As far as I can tell, there are a lot of people still waiting on McNeese. It seems to me that they are operating on a rolling admissions basis. 

You know, I hadn't thought to check an astrologer... *heads off to do that*

@MoJuiced--That's awesome! There really always is a silver lining.

I've seen a few people talking about Emerson, but not many. And they're mostly just waiting on responses--no acceptances or rejections reported on the lists. Not sure about Boston, though.

chub bun, that face is disturbing. You can look at it thinking of any emotion, and it creepily fits.

Dankar, I asked about Emerson a little while back, and heard that they give almost no financial support to MFA cw students...I applied there, too, but am not holding my breath for the decision...

MoJouiced! Your brain sounds like a fun place to be right now XD

Hey, all.  Hoping this is the right place to check as I haven't been able to find a clear answer on this -- Has anyone heard back either way from SIU Carbondale yet?

I'm currently weighing funding offers from Oregon State, FSU and Stony Brook. Carbondale's the only one on my list that I think could still influence my decision that I haven't heard back from.

EDIT -- Oh, I guess it looks like at least wait-list notices went out a while ago?  So I guess I can cross that off my list.