MFA Creative Writing- Results

PhDreams

Jeebuz, Indiana, what's the hold up? I'm still waiting! Though, I'm mostly resigned to just moving on. Official word would be nice.

YIKES!? Still no word? That's ridiculous!

So is anyone participating in this thread or reading it accepted to Cincinnati for the MA program in poetry that is planning on turning it down or still considering other programs? I am not attempting to convince anyone to turn down the acceptance, just trying to put the likelihood of a ridiculous dream becoming a reality! 

I just talked to Cincinnati and I am #1 on the wait-list and Cincinnati is my top choice and I would like to lock that down so I could turn down my other offers and open up spots for others in other programs if at all possible.

Thanks guys!

Past results for Indiana indicate it could be anywhere in the next two weeks! And the first acceptance for 2013 was on this date one year ago!

Sorry, I have no info regarding Cincy, but I hope it works out! I'll petition that they make room for you no matter what! 

Edited by MoJuiced

This is hormonally incredible. The people who run this admissions machine must be in charge at Gitmo (...too soon?)

And we have no way of knowing how many applicants AREN'T addicted therefore submitting results to gradcafe....why would they notify waitlisters first??

Well, I for one may be on here for another year at least, and even indefinitely if I get into grad school -- there's so much other stuff on this forum that is just not applicable to me yet.

But we can be friends IRL too you know. Who knows, if we all continue on with our current tracts our paths could cross naturally. I think we're an extreme minority of the public at large anyway.

Indiana University MFA - Creative Writing, MFA (F14) Rejected via E-mail on 19 Mar 2014 A 19 Mar 2014

• All people who got accepted/waitlisted have been notified, apparently.

guess we're just waiting with bated breath for the blade of the guillotine to clap, Surprise!

I'm taking it as official that I will be the writer-in-residence of my humble abode for another year at least. 

Indiana University MFA - Creative Writing, MFA (F14) Rejected via E-mail on 19 Mar 2014 A 19 Mar 2014

• All people who got accepted/waitlisted have been notified, apparently.

guess we're just waiting with bated breath for the blade of the guillotine to clap, Surprise!

I'm taking it as official that I will be the writer-in-residence of my humble abode for another year at least. 

:( BOO! That is awful. Are you looking into any internship ops or anything for the coming year? If you apply to wherever I end up this year for next year I will vouch for you!!!

:( BOO! That is awful. Are you looking into any internship ops or anything for the coming year? If you apply to wherever I end up this year for next year I will vouch for you!!!

That is so kind! Thank you. I don't know what I'll do in those terms, though I'll look into it. My main plan is just to write my books. I'll probably re-apply next go-around.

I feel like I'm just ripping open a still-festering wound by saying this...

I just called Monica Nees at Indiana (she seems youthfully nice and bureaucratically open) with a real-life phone and she said that the applications committee stands by the April 15th deadline, and that while first decisions have been made, there are still more to make.

I don't even know what to feel anymore.

I'm SOOO glad to know that awesome people are out there keeping the dream alive!  Keep writing, peeps, and my sincere congratulations to those that found a program this go-around!

I feel like I'm just ripping open a still-festering wound by saying this...

I just called Monica Nees at Indiana (she seems youthfully nice and bureaucratically open) with a real-life phone and she said that the applications committee stands by the April 15th deadline, and that while first decisions have been made, there are still more to make.

I don't even know what to feel anymore.

I'm SOOO glad to know that awesome people are out there keeping the dream alive!  Keep writing, peeps, and my sincere congratulations to those that found a program this go-around!

I have a friend who was in a somewhat similar situation kind of a limbo/wait-list/purgatory thing a while back. A month before classes started she was offered acceptance w/o funding. She didn't want to go w/o funding but took a risk anyway and long story short, she ended up with funding a week before classes started. Keep the hope alive y'all. You never know what will happen if you are in the limbo area. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. Start looking at internship ops places!!! Internships are fun (at least I like 'em a lot). 

Yes! I think I'm going to intern at Monet's nenuphar nursery in the South of France. Nothing to do with writing but it sure sounds fun!

Do IT. I'll meet you there. I've written a poem about nenuphars.

and, oh boy, a glimmer of hope still! I was feeling awfully cloudy to officially think it a wrap. Guess I need to delete some tweets now ;-)

Edited by MoJuiced