Vanier CGS 2012 Competition

Clarrien

Another CIHR rejection.. And stupidly I checked these results before going in to Master's defense today. But at least I was successful at that! They also give you a ranking and a score.. not sure what the scoring system is.. I have a 5.85.

They also told us that they would not be providing comments or scores.

"In view of the large number of applications submitted to the program, the selection committees

were not tasked with providing written reviews of individual applications."

This is really not helpful for re-application for next year. How could they give you the results 2 weeks early and still not have time for to post comments..?

Another CIHR rejection.. And stupidly I checked these results before going in to Master's defense today. But at least I was successful at that! They also give you a ranking and a score.. not sure what the scoring system is.. I have a 5.85.

"In view of the large number of applications submitted to the program, the selection committees

This is really not helpful for re-application for next year. How could they give you the results 2 weeks early and still not have time for to post comments..?

Sorry to hear this, Degelman. Congrats on your Masters defense though! Better luck if you apply next year...

Sorry to hear this, Degelman. Congrats on your Masters defense though! Better luck if you apply next year...

Hard luck man !

Till now, i didn;t hear of a case of success ...

5.85 over 10 ???

What does this mean.

Do you have to register CIHR pin in research net to be able to see the result? Can anyone tell me where the result will appear?

The other applicants who heard all received an email. You will need to be able to log into reserachnet, but you would have to do so when you submitted the application.

i just had a quick question and didn't want to start a new thread so i thought i would ask here: does anyone know what the weighting break down for scoring vanier is? i can't seem to find it anywhere, but i know its available for sshrcs so i'm not sure if i just can't find it (ie.something like 30% academic, 40% research potential, 30% leadership)? thanks!

i just had a quick question and didn't want to start a new thread so i thought i would ask here: does anyone know what the weighting break down for scoring vanier is? i can't seem to find it anywhere, but i know its available for sshrcs so i'm not sure if i just can't find it (ie.something like 30% academic, 40% research potential, 30% leadership)? thanks!

http://www.vanier.gc.ca/eng/selection_criteria-criteres_de_selection.aspx

Nominees will be evaluated and selected based on the following three criteria, which will be weighted equally by the selection committees.

• Academic excellence, as demonstrated by past academic results and by transcripts, awards and distinctions.
  • Research potential,as demonstrated by the candidate’s research history, his/her interest in discovery, the proposed research and its potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge in the field, the potential benefit to Canadians, and any anticipated outcomes.
  • Leadership (potential and demonstrated ability), as defined by the following qualities: (Listed on the URL i gave above)

The responsible told me this morning that results are now available for all councils on researchnet. But i do not see anything.

Any news for anyone here ???

Nope, no results for me either. I applied through NSERC.