Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

just fyi to the uwmadison applicants, my website update has gone from "under consideration" to "your program has recommended you for admission," so keep a look out.

you mean "My UW-Madison"page? Gosh mine is still pending...I was super shaky for two mins lol

just fyi to the uwmadison applicants, my website update has gone from "under consideration" to "your program has recommended you for admission," so keep a look out.

thanks for sharing! I should definitely try to get a new password :D

Yup, mine still says Pending as well. :::sigh:::

Me too.  I probably shouldn't have bought that Wisconsin sweatshirt last fall and picked out the neighborhood in Madison where I wanted to live.  Oops!

you mean "My UW-Madison"page? Gosh mine is still pending...I was super shaky for two mins lol

to clarify, it says "pending" on the intro dashboard screen, but then when you go to the page with the formatted tables (checklist for application, correspondence from deb mcfarlane, etc), it's under the "status description" column. 

to clarify, it says "pending" on the intro dashboard screen, but then when you go to the page with the formatted tables (checklist for application, correspondence from deb mcfarlane, etc), it's under the "status description" column. 

Oh, ok thanks.  My latest status description still says "Your application has been received and will be reviewed by your program. Please refer to this page for updates."

Any thoughts on whether UNC has sent out there whole first list of acceptances or whether more will come in the next week or so? I spoke with a professor earlier this week and thought it went well, but didn't realize others had already been accepted.

Oh, ok thanks.  My latest status description still says "Your application has been received and will be reviewed by your program. Please refer to this page for updates."

Same here. Hopefully we'll see some changes soon!

Yep. I graduated in December, so now all I do is work and obsessively check my email.

I did. Graduating this May.

I got two years, 1 working and 1 right now taking classes. only 23

I did.

I did take a year off though.

Oh wow. That's nice to hear. 

I had a lot of professors here tell me that I was making a mistake and should wait a few years. That said, I still don't have my hopes up. 

Any thoughts on whether UNC has sent out there whole first list of acceptances or whether more will come in the next week or so? I spoke with a professor earlier this week and thought it went well, but didn't realize others had already been accepted.

If you look up their results from last year, they had a couple acceptances in late January, then several on February 9, then a few more in the following days.

I haven't heard anything from the department regarding visits or funding yet, just the letter from the graduate school informing me of my acceptance.  If that means anything.

If you look up their results from last year, they had a couple acceptances in late January, then several on February 9, then a few more in the following days.

I haven't heard anything from the department regarding visits or funding yet, just the letter from the graduate school informing me of my acceptance.  If that means anything.

Thanks! Putting off concern for a couple of weeks then overall.

In other news, I just got an email from Duke asking me to set up my student account so I can check my status and, of course, no decision has been made.

Was it an automated email, or from a real person? Sounds like they're getting ready to release some info....